Never

///

He carried her down the hallways of the Cruiser.
He arrived to a cell, typed a code on a little screen alongside the door and entered the cell.
He decided not to put her in the restraining chair this time, he didn't need to take informations from her so this will be useless.

There was a bed in the cell, so he laid her on, mildly.
Next to the bed, there was a stack of sheets a pillow, and a blanket, he placed the pillow under her head, covered her with the blanket and took the initiative to wait until she wakes up.

///

'WHAT IS GOING ON???!!!' She yelled inside of her head.
He has now taken her to a cell. Quite normal.x
But THEN he made sure she was comfortably installed, he even put a pillow under her head and he covered her with the blanket.
'He must be thinking, I am asleep.'
She told herself.

What should she do now ?
He showed he could be kind, gentle, and caring for the others; but the words he pronounced earlier were echoing in Rey's head.
As she remembered what he said anger started boiling inside of her.
Rey, who was facing the cell's wall as she laid on the bed, turned around now to face him. She extended a hand, and choked him with the Force.

///
He waited a long time until she woke up, but he didn't care. He needed to think about how was he going to explain all this to her.
He saw her turning around and thought:
'Finally, she's awake.'

He stayed where he was, standing against the wall staring at her.
He wasn't expecting what happened next. At all.
She extended a harm to him and started to choke him with the Force.
He laced his hands around his neck, as he felt the hold on his throat.
She stood up slowly without lowering her hand.
Their eyes met in the darkness of the room.
At one point he broke the hold she had on him. How did he do that? Dunno. He just managed to.

"Why did you do that ?"he asked, calmly.

No answer. But they did not break the intense contact.

"Why did you that ?"He repeated with the same calmness.

She looked away. He could see her eyes traveling, scanning the room.
Ben tried to read her mind but she wasn't letting him in.
Yet he didn't need to read to enter her thoughts to guess she was hurt. Deeply hurt. Sadness was painted on her face.
He took her hand.
She plunged her eyes in his again, tears filling them.

"Why are you crying ?"

Still no answer.
She tilted her head forward.

He kneeled to be able to see her face, which was hidden by the strands of hair falling forward.
He met her eyes.

"Please, Rey, talk to me..."

"I'm not joining you. Never. You don't need to waste your time because it
will never happen." She said as she lifted her head back in its original position.

His eyes widened as realization painted itself on his face.
And, without saying a word, he led himself to the door typed the code to close it and left the cell.