Chapter 14: She's Gone

"Ha! They look like they just saw a ghost! I thought you would've told 'em by now red head" Adam says, ruffling Jordan's hair. "Stop that!" Jordan says, laughing and combing her hair back down with her fingers. "Will someone please explain to me what the hell just happened?!" Liam says, still catching his breathe. "I've only known them for like half a year..." Jordan says, finally getting her fangs to retract, and her eyes back to normal. She looks up at Niall. "Guys... I'm a Daywalker" Jordan says, only looking at Niall. "A what?!" Louis asks. "A vampire" Adam says, dumbing it down a bit. "I thought vampires were all demon looking and had claws and fangs and burst into flames in sunlight and sleep in the day in a coffin and-" Jordan cuts off Liam's list, "Those are different types of vampires. Daywalkers are still part human..." "Yeah. We are the luckiest "breed" of the group. We don't have all of the limitations they do" Adam explains. "Niall?" Jordan notices he's just looking down, not saying a word. Niall looks up at her. "Come on. Let's go somewhere else..." Jordan says, and she takes his hand. Niall stands up extremely slowly, looking directly down. "Looking down makes it scarier... I won't let you fall" Jordan assures him. He looks into her eyes, and Jordan wraps her arm tightly around his waist, and he puts his arm over her shoulder. 

   Jordan takes them 17 trees away, to the grandmother tree, the second tallest tree in the forest. There is a small "bench" at the top, across 3 strong branches, just a thick piece of wood, capable of holding about four people. They both sit on the bench. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you..." Jordan says, twiddling her thumbs. "No. You were right. You couldn't... I'm sorry I didn't believe you. You've been nothing but honest, but I overreacted" Niall says, lifting up Jordan's chin to face him, and he kisses her, passionately. "I accept your apology" Jordan says, jokingly. They both laugh. "So you're a vampire?" Niall asks. "Yep. Daywalker... Niall you cannot tell anyone!" "Okay I won't" No Niall I'm serious! You absolutely, positively CANNOT tell ANYONE!" "Jordan! I get it!" Niall says, laughing again. "Okay. But we have to be careful with this. Paparazzi is everywhere. If this gets out, every vampire in the world will be in danger. Including me" Jordan explains. "Can I tell Harry and Zayn?" Jordan nods her head no. "Not until they find out themselves" Niall agrees with her. They both just sit there and look out into the forest for a while. "I promise to always trust you from now on. I won't question when you say you can't tell me something ever again. This is all my fault and I'm sorry" Niall takes the necklace out of his jacket pocket, when Jordan screams. She was pulled off the bench. Niall looks down in shock, as Jordan falls 374 feet down to the ground. Adam is there with Louis and Liam in seconds, and puts Niall on his back on top of Liam and rushes them down. Angelica is down there, staring at Jordan's body lying on the ground. "YOU SON OF A BITCH WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO?!" Adam yells, pushing her back. "Ha. No matter what you do to me, she's dead now, nothing's going to change it" Angelica whispers, followed by a loud hiss, and she dashes away. All three boys are kneeling beside Jordan, tears pouring, especially Niall. He keeps whispering "no" over and over again. "Move! Move! Move!" Adam yells. "No! I'm not leaving!" Niall yells. "She heals rapidly! If she's still alive, and heals in this condition, she will die healing! Now MOVE!" Adam says. Louis and Liam peel Niall off of Jordan. Adam feels Jordan's chest, and then her stomach. "She's still breathing!" Adam yells, smiling. He starts with her left arm, yanking it into a natural position. Jordan screams, "AHHH! STOP! ADAM! STOP! STOP!" her eyes shoot open, glowing their green, and her fangs come out. Adam yanks her other arm into a natural position, Jordan screams again, this time louder, more agonizing. "Niall! Stop! He's helping her!" Liam yells at Niall who's trying to get back to Jordan and pouring tears. Jordan hisses and snaps at Adam, slicing his arm. "OW! GOD DAMMIT JORDAN!" Adam takes both of Jordan's legs and yanks them down. She screams again. "SHUT UP! THEY ARE GOING TO-" Adam is cut off with Jordan being snatched  out of his grip and thrown against a tree. Niall, Liam, Louis, and Adam are all held back by other Daywalkers.

   Then- they see Angelica. "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE?!" Niall yells at her. "I'm here to gain back the leadership I deserve! If I let her come back, I will just be thrown back to second place!" Angelica tells them. "YOU WERE NEVER FIRST WHEN SHE LEFT!" Adam yells, yanking his arms forward, trying to escape. "Ha! That's what you think! You strayed away from everyone when your little girlfriend here left! Well looks like she moved on. To a better guy, but neither of you will get to feel her love again" Angelica goes to Jordan, grabs her by the neck, and slams her head to the ground. "NO! STOP! NO! NO!" Niall yells, he tries to escape, but no matter what, even when his adrenaline is pumping at full speed, he isn't strong enough. Angelica kneels over Jordan and grabs her head in both of her hands, ready to snap it off like a twig. "Angelica. Please. Don't. I'm sorry" Jordan manages out with the little breath she had. "Don't try to apologize now. You always pushed me away. I was never good enough to be your friend. Now I'm at the top. Don't you try to be my friend now!" Angelica says. "NO!" Adam yells, yanking with all his might out of Jonathan's grip, and he lifts Angelica by her stomach and throws her into a tree. He turns around and hisses at the rest of them, who were already weak, so they retreated. Niall runs over to Jordan, cradling her head in his hands. "She's dead. I checked her pulse. Nothing. My work here is done" Angelica says, getting up off the ground and walking away. Niall sobs loudly. Liam and Louis kneel behind him, with their hands on his back, crying too. Adam even sheds a tear. Niall takes the necklace out of his pocket again and puts it around her neck. Adam checks her chest and stomach as he did before. Nothing. They all just sit around her, tears pouring down their faces. Suddenly, Jordan takes a big gasp and sits up quickly, and puts her finger over her lips for them to be quiet. "She's gone. Out of sense range, so are the others. Let's go before they come back" They are all just shocked. She was faking it to get Angelica to leave. Genius.