Chapter 22: Nightmares

"I'm sorry... We did everything we could" the doctor says, as he walks out of the hospital room. "No. No. This can't be happening" Liam says, sitting back down on the waiting bench, burying his blood drained face in his ice cold hands. "This is all your fault!!!" Harry yells, pointing his shaking finger at Jordan. "I didn't mean to- I just-" "No! Just leave!!!" Harry yells, tears pouring down his face. "Hey, it wasn't her fault. She tried to save him" Zayn says, putting a hand on Harry's shoulder. "But she DIDN'T! She NEVER helps! She just causes problems!" "Harry please. It was an accident" Donna tells him, trying to grab his hand, but he pulls it away. "So please explain to me what occured to cause him to fall" the doctor asks Louis, for he is the closest one to calm, trying to soothe Liam. "He was messing around and- She pushed him, a little too hard, and he fell over the ledge"

  Jordan jerks her body upright up in a cold sweat. She feels Nialls arm wrap around her waist, "What's wrong babe?" he asks, in a sleepy voice. "Nothing. Nothing. Just a bad dream" Jordan replies. "You're shaking. What's wrong?" he asks her, concern rising in his voice. Jordan turns to face him, and they stare into eachother's eyes, fear in one side, concern in the other, but love in both. "It was just a nightmare..." Jordan says again, turning to give Niall a huge, tight hug. She buries her face in his shoulder as her breathing slows and she stops shaking, and Niall rubs his soft hands up and down Jordan's back, until Jordan pulls away and grabs his face to give him a quick kiss. "Are you sure you don't want to talk about it?" Niall asks when they pull away. "No, it's fine. Just a dream. I'll live" Jordan replies, laying back down and curling up. Niall looks at her with soft eyes, sighs, and lays back down as well, wrapping her tightly in his arms as if she was a child. "I love you, Niall" Jordan tells him. "I love you too, sweetheart" Niall breaths to her in her ear. Niall kisses her once more on her forehead and combs through her curls softly, sweetly. He knew exactly what to do without being told first.

   "Niall" Jordan says. "Yes, love?" Niall replies, still combing through her hair. "I'm not a burden am I?" Jordan asks. "Food wise, yes" Niall tells her, laughing softly. "I'm serious" Jordan tells him, turning over to face him. Niall pulls his eyebrows down and looks at her for a couple of seconds. "Now, what would ever give you that crazy idea?" Niall asks her, brushing a fallen curl behind her ear. "My dream..." Jordan replies. "Well I'm going to need to talk to this dream of yours. You'll never be a burden to me. I love being with you. Everyday" Niall tells her, afterwards kissing her softly on her lips. "Goodnight Niall" Jordan tells him, turning back around, as Niall wraps his arms around her again and kisses the top of her head. "Goodnight Jordan" He says as he falls quickly back to sleep. Jordan just lays there for a while, breathing in Niall's sweet scent, before finally falling back asleep.