Chapter 9

When you woke up, you could hear the birds singing and are met with sunlight shining through your window. You stretched and yawned before getting out of bed, still feeling a bit tired. You walked towards the refrigerator, searching for something to eat.

"Good Morning~" You hear a voice behind you, and you had a feeling who it belonged to.

Slowly turning around, you were met with none other than Shiki. He was sitting on the couch in a casual position.

"Why are you here...?" You ask before yawning again. It was too early for this.

"What? I can't just visit my girl when I feel like it?"

Did he just call you 'my girl'?

You weren't sure how to respond and you didn't want to risk getting in an argument, so you let it pass with a sigh.

"Maybe it's because it's so early in the morning, but you're being very obedient~ It's nice for a change." As he said that, he confidently walked towards you and caressed your face.

You didn't want him to.

You glanced towards the ground to avoid eye contact, even though you could predict his next move. He then lifted your chin up so you're forced to look at him.

At this point you weren't surprised.

"Is there something you need?" There was a hint of annoyance in your voice, but that's all it could ever be.

"Aren't you going to eat?" He asked, letting go of your chin and looking at the table.

You were relieved he asked a normal question.

"I'd like to, but I don't think I have anything..." You mumbled to yourself, walking back towards the fridge.

You look on the top shelf and see a carton of eggs, a common breakfast choice.

Shiki followed you but opens the freezer. You looked back to see his eyes light up.

He walked towards the table and put a container of ice cream down. You looked at him in disbelief.

"You were so opposed to me eating doughnuts for breakfast yesterday but you want me to eat ice cream?" As usual, you look at the ravenette in confusion.

"What I did before doesn't matter. I say you're eating this and that's final." As he said this, you closed both the doors to the refrigerator and freezer, grabbing two glass bowls and placing them beside the container of ice cream.

There was no use in saying anything back. Even if you didn't want to, you sat down and were going to have ice cream for breakfast.

"Don't you want any?" You asked as he shook his head.

"Just watching you is enough for me." He said this while staring at you.

You felt tense as you sat there raising a scoop of ice cream to your mouth. Having Shiki watch your every move wasn't exactly the nicest feeling.

A few moments passed and you finished your bowl of ice cream. You went to stand up, but Shiki took your bowl.

"Don't worry, I'll take care of it~" He said with a smile. Does that mean he'll wash your bowl??

Your expectation was too high, for he just threw the bowl into the sink.

You hear the sound of glass shattering.

"Did you just-"

"That's not important, I'll buy you a new one so don't worry about it."

You bit your tongue, trying not to loose your temper. You sigh and he looked at you in an angry matter, as if asking why you were sighing. As if he wasn't aware he just broke one of your glass bowls.

"I'm just tired that's all..." You said, putting the ice cream back into the freezer.

"Tired of what?" He asked.

"Tired of you..." You mumble lightly to yourself, but apparently not light enough.

He walked up to you and slapped your face. Hard.

!!!

"W-what?!" You stood in disbelief, putting your hand on your now red cheek.

"Who the hell do you think you are to say that to me...?" His anger was obvious but shocked you nonetheless.

"I-I..." You didn't know how to respond.

He was the one who made you angry in the first place.

"This is all your fault!" He raised his voice.

How is this your fault!? You didn't even do anything!!

"You deserve to be slapped. How could you dare say that to me?" You were on the brink of tears.

He raised his hand at you again and you backed up in fear.

You shielded your head, terrified, but then the doorbell rings. The both of you froze and looked at the door.

Shiki quietly approached you and whispered in your ear.

"If you dare tell her what just happened, I'll do alot more than slapping you."

You look at him and force yourself to nod.

"I'll be back to deal with you later." And with that, he teleported out of the apartment.

You took a moment to calm down and the doorbell rang again.

"I guess I shouldn't leave her out there..." You mumbled to yourself as a hot tear rolled down your face.

Wiping them away, you force yourself to smile and open the door.

"Hey (Y/n)!! How are you?" Ritsuka says with a smile.

"I-I'm alright..." You felt bad for lying. "Oh, here you can come in." You said, turning your back and letting her into the apartment.

Ritsuka shut the door behind her and sat beside you on the couch.

"So, uhm, how have you been kiddo?" You asked, trying not to draw attention to yourself.

"(Y/n)." Ritsuka has a serious look on her face. "What happened?"

And that's all for today!!

Edit: Ackk looking back at my old chapters are so asdfgh but that's why I'm editing them ahah

And oh my god thank you so much for reading!! As each day passes this story makes me happier and happier and I'm so glad you're still reading this!!

So I sincerely hope you all have a great day or night!  

~Brie