Chapter 36

Hecc there's gonna be alot of switching perspective here ahahh

I finished this the other day but forgot to post so enjoy

*Shiki's P.O.V*

"(Y/n)?" I called. Usually she's up before me, but once I opened the door, I saw her sleeping peacefully in that small little bed.

Aww...I don't know if I want to wake her up now...

But no, she needs to go to school today at least.

I slowly approached her. Half of her body was falling off the bed to begin with. It was way too small of a growing girl her size. Not that she's really big I mean, it's the bed I'm talking about!!

Don't get the wrong idea!! She's perfect just the way she is!!

Okay...I took a minute to calm down before lightly nudging her shoulder.

She made a light mumbling sound as I continued to shake her awake. She rubbed her eyes and sat up, only to collapse back onto the bed and groan.

"(Y/n)? What's wrong?" I asked, but she just shook her head, trying to nudge herself against her pillows to get comfortable.

"Come on, I would usually be fine with you sleeping in, but you have to go to school today..." I said and she slowly sat up, holding onto her back.

"You okay?"

She shook her head no.

"My back really hurts..." She said, attempting to sit up. I felt really bad for her. I'd love to let her skip school today but I can't.

"Come on, I'll help you up." I said, taking hold of her small wrists and pulling her towards me. Her legs were weak and she almost fell to the ground.

"There's still a good hour before school starts. Why don't you go take a shower?" I suggested, and she nodded her head. She went towards her drawers and took out her school uniform and silently went into the bathroom. Within minutes the shower was already running.

Watching her like that made my heart hurt. I felt horrible. Why did she have to pick today to act like this?

I paced around the house for a little bit, anxiously waiting for her to finish so she could make breakfast. Although she'll probably just tell me to make something myself...

Walking into the kitchen, I found her box of donuts lying on the counter instead of in the cabinet where I told her to keep them. I looked side to side before grabbing a donut and biting into it. Sure it was hypocritical, but I was hungry...

Once I finished, as if on cue, (Y/n) walked out of the bathroom fully dressed with slightly wet hair.

"If you don't dry your hair all the way, you're gonna get sick." I warned, but she just shook her head.

"If I get sick, then I can just stay home with you all day!!" She smiled. Her smile was so captivating, I don't anyone else to see it.

"You should probably eat something though. We only have a few more minutes and then we have to go..."

"Nah, it's okay. I should be fine until lunch-"

"Come on, (Y/n). You're not you when you're hungry." I had trouble saying this with a straight face but it made her giggle.

Score!! Her giggles are so cute.

She went towards the box of donuts and mumbled to herself, "Am I missing a donut?"