Chapter 24~!!

It has been almost a month since the "wax incident", and everything just came to a stop.

Something about him changed...

Today, you were just lounging around in your room.

He surprisingly didn't change anything on your phone, let alone take it away from you.

You felt cautious and uninstalled the messaging app you used with Ritsuka, and felt weary about the cell phone in general...

But that didn't stop you from playing your favorite game/app.

You were humming the opening theme song to yourself, excited to play the game, when you heard a knock on the door.

"Yes?" You asked as the door opened.

Shiki stood before you with your school uniform in hand and a confused look on his face.

"Uhm, so, I've brought your uniform..." He stated nervously as he placed it on your bed.

He looked back at you before walking out.

The clock on your phone read it as early morning; still half an hour before school.

Did that mean...?

You quickly changed into your uniform, putting your cell phone in your pocket and meeting Shiki at the dining room table.

He had already set up a microwaved breakfast for the two of you.

Sitting down, he then opened his mouth to speak.

"If it isn't obvious enough, I'm taking you back to school..." He mumbled loud enough for you to hear.

"This whole time I've been taking care of your paperwork and keeping you from getting an unexcused absence due to you not being at school..."

You didn't realize he's been doing that this whole time...

"You're almost a year behind on your education and it's all my fault, so I'm sorry..." He avoided eye contact.

You didn't know how to react.

"I know this is really sudden, and it'd be great if you let me, but would you want to go back to school with me...?"

His question threw you off guard.

You nodded your head with an understanding smile.

"But why the sudden change of heart, Shiki?" You asked. He looked up at you.

"I just don't know what's gotten into me. I've never acted that way towards anyone before, and it wasn't my intention..." He mumbled to himself.

"You don't have to forgive me, and I understand if you want me out of your life-"

You stood up and embraced him.

A hot tear escaped your eye.

For some reason, still unclear to you, you wanted to forgive him.

He was in shock before he hugged you back.

"I love you so much, (Y/n). After everything I've done to you, you'll still let be me with you."

This was the first time he's actually said that he loved you.

It made you smile.

"I love you too, Shiki."

He then released you from the hug.

"You better eat then, we don't want to be late, right?" He asked with a grin.