Chapter Sixteen {Take Me Home}

It was simple, it was easy. Nothing about our lips together was confusing. We'd fit together perfectly. It started out slow, a peek on the lips while the both of us to shocked to move. It turned into something more heated, more

"I don't know what to do," I mumbled, leaning my head back on the seat of the car as I sat with Henry beside me. It was nearing 3 a.m and he and I had been sitting in my car for forty-five minutes just talking when the conversation finally turned to us.

"What do you mean?" He whispered back as if we had a reason to be quiet. Henry's hair was now a mess, his hair sticking out all over his head even though he had fixed his bun at least three times.

"Nothing. I should get you home." I sat up and started to the car, driving the little ways from where we parked. When I pulled up to his house we sat outside for another ten minutes before Henry turned to me, his eyes looking worn out and tired.

"You can't do this to me again Matthew. I can't do it."

"Do what?" I asked looking at him with a raised brow.

"You can't leave my house and never speak to me again. I won't be able to handle it."

"Hen-"

"I mean it, Matthew, if I mean anything, a friend, or-or anything to you. Please don't hurt me again." I looked over to Henry, he looked vulnerable, like I was about to slap him in the face. I didn't know what to think, about anything. About tonight, about the kiss. All I knew was that I didn't want to leave Henry in a spot where he was unhappy because all I wanted to see was that smile on his lips. That real smile, not the one he gave to everyone else. No, I wanted the one he saved for me. So with that in mind, I lifted a hand to his neck, leaning over the emergency brake to meet my forehead with his and look into his eyes before I closed mine and closed the gap between my lips and his.

This kiss was short and sweet. Nothing about it screamed fire, but there was still a warm feeling that lifted in my stomach and over my body. My face getting hot as Henry pulled apart. Both of us just sat there, head to head until he turned away from me, opening the door and towards his house. I stayed outside waiting for him to walk in until I backed out and made my way to my house, where I found my bedroom naturally in the dark and laid in bed, not closing my eyes, until I had to get up in the morning.

 I stayed outside waiting for him to walk in until I backed out and made my way to my house, where I found my bedroom naturally in the dark and laid in bed, not closing my eyes, until I had to get up in the morning