Chapter Seventeen {I Need To Pee}

If I wasn't focusing before I definitely wasn't focusing now. Every note had doodles on it and every class was filled with blanks. The only thing on my mind was Henry. The only thing I could think about was Saturday night and it was driving me crazy because I couldn't figure out why'd I'd done it. Why did I kiss him? Twice. I wasn't gay, I wasn't bi or at least not that I was aware of. I'd never thought of myself as open in that way. I like hockey, videos game. I was dating a girl that I know I liked.

Fuck.

Harmony.

I hadn't thought about her all weekend after that night. I hadn't called her, texted her, though she hadn't called or texted me either. In fact, as I was sitting in the lunchroom I had yet to see said girlfriend all day. I pulled out my phone and opened my messenger before typing out a quick message to Harmony, to which she replied to right away and told me she was eating her lunch in her fashions class to finish up a project she had.

Which was fine, but that again left me with my thoughts. I had to do something. I couldn't keep meeting Henry after school with these feelings and I couldn't lead Harmony on if I did feel something for Henry.

I was stuck.

Now, not only did I have to deal with school, and my parents ignoring well... Everything. I have to deal with this... Thing.

I couldn't stand it anymore. I got up from my table in the lunchroom and made my way to my free period in the library that I was lucky enough to share with Liam. Even though the bell wasn't going off for another fifteen minutes, I didn't go somewhere quiet. Where, even though I didn't want to think anymore, I could at least think in peace.

I sat down in one of the far corners on the first floor of the library with my music on, earbuds in studying notes from each class.

Music really helped me when it came to focus. I wasn't picky about the type of music. I could easily go from listening to country music to rap than R&B. I was in my own world. I was on a role with my homework, finishing two worksheets while listening to my playlist on shuffle. Only stopping a few times talk to Liam, who had joined me after the bell had rung.

The class was nearly over when the urge to use the bathroom became too much and I had to pack my things and leave, giving Liam a pat on the back as he kept working on his Bio homework and mapping out a new workout regimen for the both of us.

I dropped my stuff off at my locker making the trip to the nearest bathroom when I heard the sound of someone talking, not too nice to somebody else. I had to pass them to get to the bathroom, and being the nosey little shit I was I slowly walked one side of the hall to the other and peeked my head around the corner to see Joey Tents and his band of idiots standing around two kids. It took me a second to actually see who Joey and his two friends have crowded around, but once meathead number one shifted to the right a little I could see it was cleary Henry, and his little pixie looking friend Tara. Both of who looked annoyed and bored with the interaction as Joey pushed his finger into Henry's chest than flicked a strand of his hair.

I was nearly ready to jump over there and give Joey a piece of my mind when I realized that if I intervened, not only would Henry most likely not be too happy with it, but my life with Joey would be hell from here on out and he'd put me through enough shit in grade school.

But, if he thought he should put hands on Henry, any more than what he had, he had another thing coming to him because I wasn't going to let anybody hurt a hair on Henry's head.

"Fucking faggot." Joey spat in Henry's face before he and the band of idiots walked away leaving Henry and Tara to take a deep breath of air.

I didn't really know Tara, only from what I'd seen on Henry's social media page. It didn't look like the two had anything more than a friendship going on, but it still made me feel uneasy seeing the two of them together. Tara was beautiful. She had wavy hair that sat around her shoulders that she dyed every now and then. and thick black glasses. She was a little on the rounded side, with a very, very large chest that she shoved off with a wide variety of V-necks. All I knew about Tara was that her family was from Egypt and she and Henry liked to go for ice cream... A lot.

The two of them spoke a bit before sitting down on a nearby bench, speaking quietly and closely together. I figured I needed to get out of my hiding space soon before I wet myself, so as the two of them chatted I made my escape and walked across the narrow hallway, and nearly made it passed them both before I heard Henry call out with a small. 'Hey Mat' causing to whirl around and look at him.

"Oh, hey. Sup? I was just going to- you know. Pee." Smooth, Matt, real smooth. I rubbed the back of my neck awkwardly, looking between the two friends. Tara looked like she was trying her best not to burst out laughing, while Henry looked like he was ready to crawl into a hole and count to ten, and hope to God I was gone.

Which, funny enough was exactly what I wish I could do right now.

"Tara, I'll catch you in Physic, ok?" Henry said, looking down at his little friend who just hiked her bag up further on her shoulder before giving us both a wave and a faint laugh.

Then, it was just Henry and me left standing in the long, silent hallways while other students were in their resected classrooms. Which made me wonder why Henry wasn't in his class. "Don't tell me the great Henry Oswald is skipping class," I smirked, walking down the hallway towards the bathroom again, this time with Henry beside me.

"Nah," He smirked. "Mrs, Tanner gave Tara and I a free pass for her class because we finished our project a week before everybody else. We were just on our way to the library actually. What are you doing wandering the halls?"

"It's my free period. I was going here." I gestured to the bathroom, opening the door for Henry before walking in after him and making my way to the urinal, finally freeing my bladder of all the pressure it was under. Henry was leaned up against the sink, eyes all the blue stall in front of him as I finished and washed my hands.

I don't know what came over me, but instead of giving him space and talking to him I walked in front of him and put a hand on the sink behind him. He must have been lost in his thoughts because it took him a second to notice me in front of him and look at me, a slow smirk spreading across his face. "And, what do you think you're doing Chandlers?"

"I- I don't actually know," I admitted, about to pull away from him when his hand found my free one, halting me from any move I was about to make, freezing my body into place.

"I think you were about to kiss me again, weren't you?"

I grinned, looking down at Henry as he leaned on the sink before leaning down and catching his lips in mine.

Until the bathroom door swung open.