Chapter Forty {Coffee Bean}

"Wow Matty, That's amazing." Both Henry and Jorden were looking at two of the painting's I had made during the night. My ribs were hurting and I couldn't sleep, so instead, I used the newly gifted art supplies and made some abstract paintings. The colours blended together, teal greens with light blues and yellows. It was relaxing, and the first time I had held a brush in years, the last time being in High school.

I was standing in the kitchen, my hand pressed to the contour, my body still sore but definitely feeling better then it did the days before. I was healing, slowly but surely and the doctor said that sooner rather than later I could be back on the ice, but I would need to take a year off from the NHL, which I was ok with seeing the month I've had. I still wasn't able to walk far without getting dizzy, my ribs hurt every now and then when I took a deep breath. And frankly, I was enjoying have both Henry and Jorden around.

Jorden bought me a few canvases to paint on, and a desktop easel, that I was loving. Henry was home all the time to keep me company, and Henry had bought us a popcorn maker so that we could stay up late watching movies. I was loving it. It was like a vacation we didn't know we needed and it was the best thing. "We should hang them up. I would love to see this over my bed, I love how you made the colours pop together." Jorden complemented, his shoulder pressing into mine as he looked at the two paintings in front of me. "Make sure to sign and date them, they could be worth millions one day."

"Oh yes, in eighty years they'll sell as Matthew Chandlers post Coma paintings Get em before they're all gone, children." Sarcasm bled from Henry as he held a spoonful of soup out for me to try, I opened my mouth, letting the spices hit me, it was more of a stew than a soup, the thick broth was creamy and had a cream cheese taste to it. While I was absorbing the flavours Henry got another spoonful and fed it to Jorden who gave him a thumbs up and grin for the flavour.

"Delicious sunflower" Jord said, I wasn't totally sure where the nickname had come from, but Jorden had gotten into the habit calling Henry it. It was actually funny because whenever he did Henry would get all red in the face and glare at him. Though we never talked about, I got the sense that there was more going on with the two of them then they were telling me. And it kind of hurt. They both still kissed me and flirted with me. But I noticed they also kind of flirted with each other. At first, I didn't know how I felt about it. But now I was feeling a bit jealous and confused. They liked me, I liked them, they liked each other (maybe) And yet, nobody was making a move to help me make up my mind. I had thought I made it clear to Jorden that I was picking Henry and seeing where everything was going. But that was before I got hit by a car. I don't know what happened with them both while I was in a coma, but I could only assume that they grew closer, and I couldn't help but think that once I was all better, and the guilt of having to take care of me because they were actually together and needed to make sure I was ok had worn off, that they would both end up leaving me. And I would be all by myself, left to start over.

And then I thought about how if they did end up leaving me for each other, then I had to suffer from not only seeing Jorden at work but Henry too. Because how could he not show up to his boyfriend's games. Then what would I do? I could get drafted to another team, but I was happy where I was. Maybe I could convince Jorden to move to an American team, then I would hardly ever see him. Or maybe the German team, then the chances of running into one another were slim to none.

Or, maybe I was reading into this and once I was all better, we would all sit down, talk about feelings and see where this was going.

Yeah right.

I was feeling dizzy again.

I sighed, walking from the kitchen to the living room and sat on my bed with my head in my hands. Headaches were getting worse, and I couldn't stand the fact that normal medication wouldn't make it go away. Normally I could just suffer it out, but no when my head hurt, it made my body hurt. It would start in the back of my head, move its way to the front, down my ears and then down my arms. The doctors said it was normal, that once my body was healed up again and my head was back to normal, the headaches would start to go away. But for now, when they came on I would need to rest. It was a form of a migraine, and if I didn't rest it off it would only get worse.

Both men knew my ques now, and quickly Henry went to shut the blinds, while Jorden got an ice pack from the freezer and threw a heating pad in the microwave. "Lay down babe," Jorden muttered softly, helping me lay back on the bed, though it was still in a chair shape, Henry came over and lowered it so they I wasn't totally laying down, but also not fully sitting. I scooted to the middle of the bed, letting Jorden shuffle in bedside me, he pressed the cold pack to the back of my neck, while Henry moved into the other side of the bed and got the eye covers and gently put it over my head. As I said, they treated me like a baby. But I was totally fine with it at this moment because my body wouldn't respond to me, I couldn't move my arms without pain shooting through me.

I must have fallen asleep because when I woke up I was still laying in the bed, but the times on the clock jumped three hours. I was no longer huddled with the two men, which... sucked. But I wasn't in pain anymore. I went to close my eyes and drift off again when I heard soft voices coming from the kitchen.

"It's not our place to tell him yet."

"I hate to tell you this Jord, but it is. We can't hide it from him. And frankly, I love him too much to keep him in the dark anymore. He's confused. We need to figure something out."

"How do we tell him that Henry?" Jorden sounded nervous, and it made my gut clench. I was right. They were together, and they had been together. They were going to leave me for each other and I would be left by myself.

I heard Henry sigh, his voice lowering more as if he knew I could hear him. "I don't know. But we need to. I can't keep doing this to him." I heard shuffling, I didn't dare open my eyes, not that they could tell if my eyes were open, but it wasn't long until the bed sank on both sides of me, and two arms wrapping around my waist on either side, both letting out deep sighs.

 "Night Sunflower, goodnight Coffee bean" Coffee bean?

"Coffee bean?" I could hear the smile in Henry's voice as he whispered over my head.

"Shut up, I'm working on it."

I felt Henry's head shake as he gave off a small chuckle. "Night Jord, Night Matty."

"