Chapter Thirty-Three {Confused}

"What did you do when you noticed it was him?!" Liam practically shouted through the phone, I was walking down the streets of Vancouver with my phone pressed to my ear, my free hand holding a cup of coffee that I had just picked up from Good Earth. It was chilly outside, and I had regrets on not wearing a hat. But thankfully the hot drink was keeping my core warm.

"I did what any logical person would do."

"You ran."

"I've never put my clothes on so fast in my life." I sighed, opening the door to the arena that the team was practising in today. I was early and the only person from the team in the lobby so I decided to take a seat on a nearby bench and finish talking to Liam.

The worst was the fact I had yet to see Jorden since that night. I had texted him a few times, getting short replies but I hadn't asked where he went and what had happened. How the hell I had ended up in a hotel room with Henry.

Henry. I hadn't seen him since that morning either. It had been three days and I was careful not to leave my house unless I needed to, scared that I would run into him. It was already bad enough that I had to do the walk of shame from his house.

I couldn't even say we had sex because I had no idea. And I would be more than disappointed to learn my first night with Henry was a blank space in my mind after all the time I had spent fantasizing about it.

Liam was the only one I knew I could talk to about it. He understood my feelings and heard me venting for the last couple of years about Henry.

Just as I was saying goodbye to Liam I got a tap on my shoulder and turned around to see Henry standing there with his navy peacoat and a loose scarf around his neck and a small smile on his lips. "I figured I'd find you here." He said as he came to the side and sat down beside me. I looked around as my teammates start to file into the arena. Some coming in the doors together laughing while other walks in on their own, looking at their phones.

I wanted to be strong at that moment. I wanted to show him that I was still the bigger person even after everything that had happened.

But I never got the chance to act strong because someone decided to pick that moment to call my name.

I looked over to see my coach nodding me towards him, "Stop chatting and get ready. We hit the ice in ten. Let's go." he called, so without a word to Henry I followed Tanner - the teams head coach - back to the locker room, looking back once to Henry. He just sat there, watching me as I walked away. I wanted him to leave, wanted him to leave so I didn't have to see him again. But at the same time, I wanted him to stay so I could see him again. See his face in the crowd as I played, see him smile and see him laugh. But it would hurt- It would hurt so much knowing he was with someone else this whole time. That he could so easily move on from me. "Was that Henry Taylor?" Coach asked as the locker room door shut behind us.

"How do you know about Henry Taylor?" I raised a brow at coach, he was a sports guy who didn't watch anything but ESPN and read nothing but Sports catalogues, why would he know about Henry, who was a big-time screenwriter for teen drama's and some indie movies, but none of those was coaches style.

"My kid, she liked that show... what's it called, Wild Spirits about that teenage shapeshifter shit. She had me take her to a red carpet event for it and he was there. Don't judge me, kid." I raised my hands in defence to him laughing quietly at the look on his face.

By the time I got into the locker room Jorden and the rest of the team were already half dressed in their gear. I was quick to go to my locker where my bag was sitting in front of and got dressed as quick as I could. I looked at Jorden who sat beside me tying his skates. "Hey Chandlers, you can always get my hockey card if you wanna check me out." Jorden sat up from tying his laces with a queer little smirk on his face, I rolled my eyes, standing up on my skates before being pulled back down onto the bench. "I wanted to talk to you." Said Jorden, his face getting serious as he looked around the room for a moment. "Alone, after practice."

"Yeah, of course - sure. Want to meet at Good Earth? Grab a coffee and talk?"

Jorden smiled, letting me stand as he stood alongside me. "Yeah, sounds good. I'll drive us." He put on his helmet and we both made our way onto the ice.

But I couldn't help but the feeling of being watched and when I looked into the empty stands I knew why.

Because sitting four rows up from the rink was Henry, watching with his hands pressed deep into his lap, or at times a phone in his hands. But he was there, and he was watching.

And I still wasn't sure how I should feel about that.

I wanted to hide inside a bathroom until both Henry and Jorden left

I wanted to hide inside a bathroom until both Henry and Jorden left. Both men were in the lobby of the arena, sitting side by side on the same bench I had left Henry on earlier. Jorden had practically ran into the lobby to wait for me while I changed. Both sat beside each other on their phones, neither I'm sure realized they were waiting for the same person.

Why couldn't Henry have just left? Why did he need to stick around for the game to end? It wasn't fair. He's been out of my life for this long, why did he pick now to pop back up?

I paced around in the bathroom for a few more minutes before popping my head back out to see both men still sitting in the same spot, Henry looking bored at his phone while Jorden had a little smile on his face while he watched whatever was playing on his phone with one earbud in.

With a sigh, I walked out from the bathroom the door swinging behind me. Like the matrix both Henry and Jorden looked up at me at the same time, both stood and started towards me, only to pause and look at each other when they realized they were walking towards the same person.

"Matt, you ready to go?" Jorden asked, spinning his car keys on his finger, looking from me to Henry with a questioning glance.

"Oh, where are you guys going?"

"Uh-"

"Coffee. Alone. Who are you?" Jorden took a possessive step towards me, his brows meeting in the middle of his face as he looked at Henry. I looked at Jorden in confusion trying to figure out what was going on with him. Why was he acting this way? Almost as if he was jealous.

Henry raised his hands in defence to Jordan, smiling at us both. "That's fine mate. I was just waiting for Matty, we're high school friends. Wanted to chat with him. Matt," He looked towards me. "Mind if I meet at yours in two hours? Let you and your friend have your coffee then we can catch up?"

"Sure..." I looked at the two men, the tension between them could be cut with a knife, but Henry left without a fight, Jorden just rolled his eyes when Henry turned his back and walked from the arena.

And like always, I was left confused.