Chapter 11

“Hey,” I heard Kara say as she sat down at our lunch table.

            “Hey,” I said through gritted teeth since Devin was sitting at our table with all the our guys.

            “What’s wrong?” Kara asked. I figured she wouldn’t know about the fight yet. Last night she called me and told me to tell the teachers she wouldn’t be at school in the morning.

            “Nothing, everything is fine,” I said in a sarcastic tone, but more serious than funny.

            “Gosh, I was just asking a question,” Kara said acting offended.

            “Sorry I’m just mad at … Devin,” I said through clenched teeth. I hated him so much I could barely say his name. Ever since this morning everyone has been calling me words that hurt me a lot. I don’t even like repeating them. I guess you could say I’m the type of girl who does not like saying swear words or anything near them.

            “Why?” Kara asked surprised.

            “Guess you haven’t checked your phone yet. This is what he sent to everyone,” I said showing her the picture on my phone. I hadn’t even realized that I had gotten a photo too until 2nd period was over.

            “What the-“

            “Yeah and that isn’t the only thing. Josh came back to school today. Yeah, so he saw the photo and after homeroom he started a fight with Mason,” I said cutting her off.

            “Where is Mason by the way?” Kara asked looking around the table to see if Mason were anywhere.

            “ Well after Mr. Callahan and his dad broke up the fight they were sent to the office and no one has seen them since,” I said with a straight look on my face.

            “You know what. This isn’t right. DEVIN,” Kara got up from her seat and walked straight towards him. “Get out of that seat, NOW,” Kara yelled straight in his face.

            “Why do I need to?” Devin asked. Kara then took Devin’s phone and scrolled through his pictures. She then showed him the picture he had made.

            “So why do I need to move?” he asked either not seeing the point or more likely avoiding what he did.

            “You hurt both Mason and Aria. Do you realize that for the next two and a half years they will be called names and Mason will probably get into more fights with Josh,” Kara said almost yelling at him again.

            “I do not see your point,” Devin spit back the words at Kara. I could tell Kara had had enough of Devin and she could tell to because right then she took Devin’s chocolate milk and poured all over his head. He was now covered in chocolate.

            “Get out of here now. You want be on Josh’s side then go run to him,” Kara now yelled at him.

            “Nah, I think I’m fine,” Devin shot back at Kara. Kara then did something so unexpected. Kara then slapped Devin’s face. The slap echoed throughout the whole entire cafeteria. I now actually realized everyone was watching Kara and Devin’s fight. I then turned around in my seat and saw Devin on his knees holding his face. After a minute of silence he finally got up and walked away slowly. Either going to the nurse to get cleaned up or going home.

            For three minutes there was more silence. Everyone was just waiting to see if a teacher would come to the cafeteria to get Kara. But no one ever did. The next 15 minutes were silent again. Everyone just sat there and played with their food. No one ate at all; you could tell because would here someone chewing on their food. That was how silent we all were.