스물 둘→22

As it was planned, Namjoon and Hoseok presented our project without me. I had been texted by them later that day to know it went great. I would only be receiving a third of the credit because I wasn't there to present but our research papers were turned in.

-

It's been two weeks and I've been pushing myself to go to school. Jungkook has been refusing to let me leave the house on the weekends. "Noona you need to rest and stay home. If you need something from the store I can get it for you." He crosses his arms as he guards the front door.

"I just need to go really quickly. I'll be right back, I promise." I say pleadingly. Jungkook shakes his head no. "I said I will get it for you." He retorts. "Are you afraid I'm going to see someone?" I ask with a glare. "Maybe," Jungkook says quietly.

I place my hands on his shoulders and give him a kind look before throwing him to the side. I hurry to open the door when Jungkook grabs my wrist. "Don't throw me like that ever again or else I snap you in half." I look back to him with fiery eyes.

"A-And I'm coming with you," Jungkook says as his voice cracks a little. I'm given a dust mask. "Wear that, you look like death without any makeup on." I grit my teeth before hitting Jungkook on his head. "And you have a stupid coconut head."

-

"Wait out here," I tell Jungkook. "Why?" He asks. "Aren't you going to buy more medicine?" I scoff and shake my head. "No, it's shark week. If you'll excuse me." I walk away and head into the pharmacy getting what I need.

When I walk back out I see Jungkook talking to Yoongi. "Hey," I say with a smile. "How are you holding up?" Yoongi asks. "She's still sick but it could be from shark week," Jungkook says with a wink to me.

"You never know what you should and shouldn't say!" I'm fuming. He's such a brat. My friend didn't need to know that. "Uhm, okay. Have fun with that." Yoongi says as he walks away awkwardly.

"He looked grossed out," Jungkook says with a laugh. "You think this is funny?" He nods his head. "It's all your fucking fault you asshole." I grit my teeth and slap the back of his head. I storm off to the house with him yelling behind me.

When I open the gate to our house I see mom sitting on a chair in our yard drinking. "Mom I didn't know you would be back today," I say shocked. I walk over to her and she snaps at me. "Why aren't you studying! What did I tell you before I left."

I take a few steps back when Jungkook appears. "And you too! You are both so ungrateful!! Get inside and study." Mom stands up pointing to the door. We hurry inside and I look to Jungkook. "Go study, text me if you need anything. I'll let you know when she's asleep." He nods his head before shutting the door.

" He nods his head before shutting the door