6. I Still Love You

Dedicated to all my lovely readers for their love and patience.

_____________________

Chapter 6:

Krisha's POV:

          The next day I stepped into SLC with tachycardia and headed straight to Adith's cabin. Before I could knock someone called my name it was Alka.

          "Hey Krisha, Adith is not in his cabin he went for an important meeting. " told her with a smile.

      "I need to report him before starting my work isn't it?" I asked her confused.

            "He was in a foul mood yesterday Krish... So leave it. It is not necessary to report him everyday. Just sign the ledger and start your day. " Alka explained me and I thanked her wholeheartedly. Although a tiny part of my heart starved to see him.

             Alka was a wonderful human, she made me feel so comfortable and guided me to the astrobiology laboratory. It was splendid. The lab was filled with all the modern and expensive instruments to work, it was a dream lab for any scientist.

            "So Krisha, I hope you like the place and here is the sample of the soil we took from the new planet. We are running various tests to examine its contents hope it will give us a positive result. " Alka told me.

         I keenly looked at the sample and read the notepad which has got it's test results. " Hello beautiful, this is Selva Mathews. I'm the lab assistant here you can call me if you need anything in this lab. " told a man. He was quiet handsome, must be around thirty and looked genuine.

             "Hi... I'm Krisha ." I shook my hand with him. I felt relaxed around Selva and Alka. They made me laugh after so long time.

         We had a conversation about the new planet Adith found and I told them my view " Of course it was a big achievement for human race Alka but we cannot jump into conclusions about an alien planet. We can't send our people to live there just like that. We need to verify many things. We are currently working on the soil sample then we need to research about the water, air, plants and most importantly other animals and traces of other alien race in that planet. "

         "So Krisha you mean to say that it was useless to congratulate Adith Sir because it was us who are going to work about the planet. Isn't it? Hahahah...." told Selva and laughed like manic.

      What was so funny about it to laugh and Adith did a great job if he didn't find the planet we couldn't do further research. Selva was freaking mad, Alka also joined him and laughed.

         "Stop it guys I didn't mean it that way." I told them laughing.

          "Yeah... Then which way you meant it Krisha? Can you please explain. " we heard a voice from behind and saw Adith climbing down the stairs with slow and steady steps focusing on me. His eyes were red and nose flaring with anger.

What did I say?

         "Si....sir...?" I asked him with tension as well with a slight confusion. By then he climbed down and stood in front of me.

             "Don't stammer Krisha... Okay, I'll help you. So... You think I'm crazy and useless and found a shitty planet. You guys have to work on it to make my useless invention commendable. Am I right? " he asked me with venom spitting down his words.

        "No Adith.... Actu-" Alka was about to take my side but Adith cut her off by saying "I told you to submit the experiment result on my table before noon. Is it ready Alka? " Alka shook her head in negative. "Then go and work on it." He told in a sharp tone which made Alka to run from the spot.

           "And you.... What kind of a women are you? You are flirting with an unknown man in the lab and disturbing his work. This is just the second day of your work Krisha.... Can't you at least wait for a while to find a man. Are you that desperate. " Adith's word stabbed my heard like a sharp knife and the blood from my heart dripped inform of tears down my eyes.