23. Gleaming Ardor

This chapter is dedicated to all my dear cupcakes who hates maths. I hate it with passion. What abut you all?

_________________

Chapter 23

Adith's POV:

              "I guess we have to make a right turn Adith. That's what this stupid Google map states." Told my dad. We have been roaming through the streets to find his friend's home. There was a small function to attend. Usually I wasn't interested on these stuffs but dad insisted me, he also blackmailed me emotionally that if at all mom was here he would attend the function with her, So I agreed to accompany him without interest.

           "Dad.... Please call your friend and ask him to guide us. You just can't simply relay on Google maps. We need a proper landmark." I sighed irritatedly.

          "You are right. I'll call him right away." He said and dialed his friend.

         I got a call from an unknown number and I left it unattended with no interest. Then I got a call again from the same number, "Who the hell...?" I muttered and picked up the call.

         "Hello... Sir, I'm Raagas Apartment security. " spoke someone.

              "What Raagas..?" I didn't know anything about it.

               "Sir, Raagas Apartment sir, you visit here, don't you? To meet Aarav baby. " he told me and then it hit my brain.

             "Hey.... Yeah... Yeah... I got it. Is Aarav fine? How is he doing? Is he with you? Can I talk to him?" I bombarded him with so many questions at a time without patience.

             "He is fine sir... But actually he is crying right now and all alone so I thought I'll call you up. Do you wanna talk to him?" He asked me and what did he say my little chicken was crying but why?

           "Give him the phone." I ordered.

         "Hellooo Aarav..." I spoke through the phone.

         "Hloooo....,..(cries and hiccups)" I heard my boy cry. That was it, hell with that bloody function I took a U-turn and drove to Aarav's apartment.

             "Where the hell are you going Adith?" My dad yelled.

              "To meet Aarav." I told him taking a sharp turn.

                "Aarav....? Who's Aarav? Adith slow down the car, your speed  is off limits." Dad warned me.

               " I don't mind dad. My boy was crying there and I had to get to him." I told him pressing the accelerator more.

            "For God sake tell me who is this Aarav?" He asked me impatiently.

            "The small boy who stayed with us the other day, don't you remember?"I asked him and cursed when I had to stop at the signal.

             "Oh... That boy, the one who was lost the other day, why do you care about him so much son? Don't tell me he is lost again today. " he glared at me mockingly with irritation.

         "Don't ever say that again dad. I will not let anything happen to my little chicken." I told him determined.

           "Why do you care for him so much? I don't understand." He told me rubbing his forehead to reduce his tension.

             "Even I don't understand dad. The mention of that boy's name was enough to give me goosebumps." I told him the fact.

                      "You are exaggerating Adith." He told glaring at me.