Chapter 1

Description:

The Lost Cities had been peaceful for a long time now. Ever since Sophie had defeated Vespera and the Neverseen, the world had changed. Buildings and places look different. Foxfire was also different. Sophie had just graduated from Level 8. She had been pushed to use her abilities to do unspeakable feats. Sophie and Fitz were also close to passing their cognate test. But there was one tiny hitch to that. Sophie has not told Fitz her biggest secret yet. And that was causing problems.

Chapter 1

Sophie looked out of the window in her room. She gazed at the bright stars and the field where Silveny had used to roam down below. Sophie was facing a turning point in her life. She was now part of the nobility, and the Council had picked her to be one of their Emissaries. Sophie still felt like they were keeping something from her, but... she wasn't sure what. Sophie walked across the room to where her teal king size bed lay awaiting her. She jumped onto her bed and fell asleep within minutes.

                                                                                                -

Sophie was awakened by someone shaking her. She groaned loudly and turned over forcefully.

"Come on, Sophie! Get up!" a voice said.

Sophie sighed and opened her eyes, peering out at the person in front of her. To her surprise, it was Linh. She gasped and leaped right out of bed. "Linh?" she asked. "What are you doing here?"

"The Council wants us!" Linh explained. "I don't know why."

Sophie hurried and got ready to leave. She wore her light blue tunic, some black leggings, her cape, and silver ballet flats. Linh followed Sophie down the stairs to where Grady and Edaline sat waiting at the island in the kitchen. Edaline smiled at the sight of Sophie and Linh. "There is mallowmelt waiting for you!" Edaline said happily.

Sophie was bewildered. "Why are we having Mallowmelt for breakfast?"

Edaline grinned. "I'm feeling very spontaneous today! Grady was inexplicably happy when he smelled the mallowmelt."

Sophie looked over at Grady right when he grabbed another piece of Mallowmelt. "You know, pretty soon, that is all Dad is going to want for breakfast."

Grady laughed. "Sophie, what a great idea!" He looked at Edaline and said longingly. "Will you pretty please make me mallowmelt for breakfast often?"

Edaline gulped. "I... would love to but you know you need to eat regular food too! Mallowmelt is a dessert! Not breakfast! This is just a special treat!"

Grady sighed deeply. "You know I love mallowmelt with all my heart."

"But not more than me," Edaline said back. "So... I think you will be fine without it."

Sophie and Linh looked at each other and burst out laughing. "Oh my!" Linh whispered into Sophie's ear.

Sophie laughed. "I think the Mallowmelt went straight to his head."

Sophie and Linh giggled even more. "I couldn't agree more!" Linh said she laughed.

Sophie and Linh ate their mallowmelt quickly and headed to the Leapmaster. "Eternalia!" Linh called out. The crystals rotated so that the one leading to Eternalia lit a ray of light. Sophie and Linh stepped into the light and disappeared. 

                                                                                               -

Sophie gazed at Eternalia. It was more magnificent than it had ever been before. The 12 castles and much of the city  had been destroyed during the war with the Neverseen and the ogres. After the war had ended, the castles had been rebuilt and now stood taller and more threatening. The tribunal hall had also been renovated to seat thousands of elves. The color, silver, was everywhere except for the seats. The council had decided that they wanted dark blue seats. Sophie personally loved the color scheme. It was a nice addition to the already threatening place. Sophie could not believe how many times she had stood up there in the front and had been the one being judged for her actions. She had had to do whatever it took to protect the Lost Cities and defeat Vespera. Vespera had been locked away in Exile in maximum security, after Sophie, with the help of her friends, had defeated her. There was no getting out now. Vespera was gone for good. Miraculously, the Black Swan and the Council were now working together to keep the Lost Cities safe. Though Sophie still suspected the Council did not trust Mr. Forkle, since he had not told them who he was yet. Magnate Leto had been very busy with Foxfire and the new training processes. Ever since the war, the Council had insisted on physical and defensive training for every Elf in the Lost Cities. Exillium training strategies were now being used. Even some of the coaches from Exillium had been assigned to do trainings at Foxfire. Sophie still couldn't believe how much had changed and how far the Elves had come.