Chapter 4

Hi everyone!!! I am so so so sorry for not updating! I have been super busy and I got writer's block a couple times... but I got everything worked out and I hope you like this chapter! And I joined some Keeper  aminos on Amino! My username is Strikestar18 there too! And all the art that Shannon has released has been amazing! And I have doing edits for that and other stuff! 

Chapter 4

Sophie woke up, the sun shining through her drapes. She got out of bed and drifted down the flights of stairs. Grady and Edaline must still be asleep, she thought.

She headed over to the kitchen and got out a fizzleberry muffin. She sat down in her usual spot when Edaline came down.

"Good morning, Sophie," she said, sitting down across from her. She conjured a piece of mallowmelt onto a plate in front of her. She lifted a finger up to her lips as Sophie raised her eyebrows. "Don't tell Grady. I made more but I had to hide it from him," she laughed. Sophie smiled.

"So I hear you and Fitz are starting your final training... aren't you going over to their house at ten?" Edaline asked. Sophie looked up wide-eyed.

"What time is it?!" she asked hysterically. Edaline looked down at her watch.

"9:30. I'd go get ready," Edaline smiled. Sophie scrambled up the stairs to find a swimming suit. She found a red one piece swimming suit that fit ok, then tied her hair up into a ponytail. She had no idea what trust exercises they would be doing. She pulled on a white tunic, black leggings, and soft brown boots.

She raced down the hallway and down the stairs. She came to a halt at the Leapmaster and yelled "Everglen!"

She stepped into the light path and was whisked away...

The thought of the panakes leaf on her wrist that only she knew about had crossed her mind only a couple hundred times since she had gotten it the night before. Sophie's mind had been hard at work to figure out who her soulmate might be. And she had no idea. Calla's tree was special to her and Fitz and her and Keefe too. And maybe someone else that she was forgetting. Sophie sighed and slumped a little more. She decided that in due time, she would figure out her soulmate.

She found herself at the gates of Everglen, 10 minutes early. Sophie could hear the birds chirping in the surroundings of Everglen. She pressed the doorbell and waited for the gate to open.

The gate slowly opened and revealed Fitz standing there wearing his normal cape with teal swim shorts and a button-up navy blue shirt. He smiled and flashed his movie-star smile at Sophie. Sophie melted a little inside. His smiles always made her happy. Sophie hurried past the gate before it closed, and smiled back at Fitz.

"Hi!" she said in a shy voice as Fitz took her left hand with his right and intertwined his fingers with hers.

"Hi! You ready for some cognate training?" Fitz replied. He swept his left hand through his perfectly styled hair.

Sophie nodded. The excitement and nervousness had been getting to her all day and no matter how hard she tried, she still was really excited. Swimming had been one of her favorite things to do when she had living in the Forbidden Cities. "I am," Sophie answered. "Where are we going?"

Fitz thought for a moment, his face settling on a very serious look. Sophie couldn't deny the cuteness of that look. His eyes suddenly lit up as he seemed to have gotten an idea for a swimming place. "There's this lake," Fitz began. "With crystal clear water that's super warm and one of the best places to swim."

"Where is it?" Sophie asked. This lake seemed good so far. With crystal clear, warm water, this was sure to be the perfect lake in the whole world.