Chapter 12

Hey everyone! I changed my profile pic recently! I wanted to keep baby Toothless in it, so I edited Toothless in.  Sorry for not updating for a couple weeks! I had a bit of writer's block. I was really busy too. I also made a divider too! Enjoy Chapter 12!

Chapter 12

Sophie stood especially still as Fitz pulled away. "I've been waiting to do that," Fitz added with a grin.

Sophie's eyes refused to meet Fitz's. A blush spread over her cheeks. "I... am sure you have..." she whispered with a slight hint of embarrassment and satisfaction.

Fitz's grin stayed on his face. "I was and I can't believe I finally got the courage to do that," he replied. Fitz slipped his hand into hers and turned her to his side. His eyes never wandered away from her.

Sophie took in a deep breath when Fitz admitted that. She met his gaze after a long pause. "I'm glad you did," Sophie said quietly.

Fitz's grin grew wider as he pulled out his pathfinder and said, "I think it's time we head back."

Sophie nodded. Her heart started to beat once more as she took a couple steps forward. "It's morning there by now. They're probably wondering where we went... and Keefe.." Sophie told him, letting her voice trail off at the mention of Keefe.

Fitz gave her his agreement silently as he raised the pathfinder to the light. The ray of light lit up the early morning sky and took them away.

Fitz and Sophie rematerialized on the stone path leading up to Tam and Linh's house

Fitz and Sophie rematerialized on the stone path leading up to Tam and Linh's house. A few lights shone from the windows that curved around the home. Fitz kept his hand in Sophie's as they walked up to the door. Sophie lifted up her right hand slowly and gingerly knocked three times, letting a pause occur between each knock.

Fitz smiled. "The secret knock... you still remember it?" he asked quietly.

Sophie turned her head to answer him. "Yeah. How could I not?" she said with a gentle smile.

"I don't know... I thought I was the only one that remembered it because no one ever used it," Fitz responded as a sound came from the door. A crack opened, and a line of light appeared.

A light voice asked, "Wylie, is that you?"

Fitz and Sophie exchanged a look. Fitz decided to be the one to answer. "No, Linh. It's not Wylie. It's Sophie and Fitz."

The door swung open and Linh stood in front of them with a mortified look on her face. "I'm so sorry, guys! Wylie was supposed to come pick me up for our date today," Linh blurted out. Then, she realized what she had said and quickly covered her mouth.

Sophie gasped. "Linh! You and Wylie?" Sophie inquired as her face lit up with excitement.

Linh nodded as she put her hands down by her sides. "Yeah," she admitted. "I... didn't think he would ask, but he did! And... Tam doesn't know that is why I was being secretive."