Chapter 15

Hello again! I'm so sorry for not updating for 3 months. I got really busy with school and then after school ended, my writer's block was really bad for this chapter. So... this chapter is sort of short... not that I wanted it to be. I was going to add more to one part of it, but it wasn't working with the order I already had and etc. Don't fear though... Chapter 16 will come soon! (And so on)

I just wanted to say thank you! Soulmates of the Lost Cities is now at 10k reads! It's absolutely incredible. I never thought we would get this far. I am stunned! Thank you so much for all the reads, votes, comments, etc. I appreciate it a lot. All of you have been so kind and loving of this book. I hope to update a lot this summer. I also am going to do a contest/raffle on my kotlc fan account on Instagram. (@kotlcstories) One of the prizes will be to request something to happen in this fanfiction. I am still thinking of other prizes at the moment. That will be posted eventually. (Hopefully in the next week) :)

I also got a tellonym. My username there is kotlcstories.

Okay so on to Chapter 15! Thank you for reading, and please enjoy!

Chapter 15

Tam kept his arms encircled about Biana as he looked up at Dex and Linh. "What's going on with you two?" he asked.

Linh just grinned. "Currently geeking out about how cute you and Biana are!" she said excitedly.

Dex mimicked Linh and clasped his hands to his chin. "You two are so cute!" he said in a falsetto voice.

Tam just glared at them as a small blush appeared on his cheeks. Biana gently pulled out of the hug and slipped her hand in Tam's, making him blush a little bit more. Biana turned to look at Tam and got lost in his silvery azure eyes. Tam bit his lip, looking down at her too, her teal eyes swallowing him up. He suddenly smirked at all three of them. "Honestly, I'm surprised Fitz and Sophie aren't here yet," Tam noted.

Dex just shrugged and replied, "Well, no one told Fitz."

"No one told Fitz... you do realize he's probably going to strangle me when I drop Biana off at Everglen?" Tam said as his mind whirled with the possibilities of what could happen. Fitz could strangle him... yell at him... act strangely calm... the list was truly endless. Anything could happen at this point.

Biana laughed and said, "Tam... he's not going to do anything to you. I won't let him."

Tam smiled gratefully at her. "I hope you're right."

"I'm always right, and if he does do something, I'll prank him," Biana told him mischievously. Her eyes sparkled with glee as her mind raced with prank ideas.

Tam sighed in relief. "Thank you, Biana. Really... you're amazing!" he said with a small smile.

Linh leaned against Dex as she let out a sigh of her own. "They're so cute together," Linh muttered as she raised a hand to her hair to push it behind her ear.

Dex's arm wrapped around her shoulders as he said in a quiet voice, "I think you're the one that's cute." His words were loud enough for Tam and Biana to hear.

Dex didn't bother to look at Tam though. He could already feel Tam's gaze burning into him. Dex continued on, whispering, "You're so elegant... and happy... kind... amazing..."

Linh blushed slightly. "Many of those things apply to you, you know. Mallowmelt... sweet, soft, and unique," she told him.

Dex's eyes seemed to twinkle as he chuckled. "Wow, I... I don't know what to say to that..."

Linh smirked. "Maybe a thank you? Or a kiss? Either would be fine."

Tam and Biana were both stunned, and they exchanged a glance with each other. This was getting interesting, but also uncomfortable. Biana could tell that Tam was itching to leave.

Tam turned to face Biana and said, "I can't stand it anymore. Will you go out on a date with me? Preferably right now?"

Biana grinned ecstatically. "I would love to!" She slipped her hand into his and gently moved closer to him.

Dex studied Linh as she finished speaking. A kiss or a thank you? He thought about it... and then decided the kiss would be the best for their plan. Linh smiled up at him as he leaned down and pressed his lips to her cheek. Linh sucked in a breath as she felt his lips touch her. Emotions raced through her as Linh raced a hand to her cheek.

Tam and Biana stood there stunned once more. Tam could not believe that Dex had had the guts to kiss his sister right in front of him. He was shocked. Biana moved her mouth to Tam's ear to whisper, "I think we should go."

Tam nodded blankly as Biana pulled him out the door. He continued to watch them until Biana pulled out her pathfinder and held it to the light.

"Linh..." he said trailing off as the light took them away.

Thank you so much for reading this chapter! I also hope to do something for 10k reads. I'm still figuring out, so we'll see. Look out for the raffle on my Instagram! Also, I realized I already gave Tam and Linh's house a name in Chapter 10. Whoops... I'll probably just give everyone a shoutout who suggested a name next time or just change the name... hmm I need to think about that too. Anyways... enjoy the Chapterly GIFS and feel free to leave a comment and vote! Oh and Happy Fourth of July! 

Chapterly GIFs: