Chapter 14

Hey everyone! I am so sorry for not posting a chapter in over 2 months. I have been extremely busy. Currently, I have the next 7 or so chapters roughly planned out. With the business of the next few months, I am not sure how much I will be able to get done and published. With finals and AP testing, I will be less active here and will not have much time to write. I also have to write my own original book. I should have a ton of time over the summer to make up for it. I'll still try my best to get out a few chapters sooner. They just may be shorter in length. We'll see though. Thank you all for being so supportive and kind! Thank you especially for 6.7k reads!!! I can't believe how far it's come and how much it still has to go. (There is so much story left. We're truly still at the beginning... in a way.) That just means more romance and story for everyone 😂 . I'm so excited! 

I made that edit up above for a contest on Instagram! The art belongs to the wonderful artists: @calypso.k, @mochi.mix, @andy.thestreet, @laurahollingsworth (on Instagram), and arurinn on DeviantArt.

➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳

Chapter 14

Wylie tried to not to show that Tam's words had gotten to him, but it somehow seemed to slip through. He glared at Tam. "I just took Linh on a date," he explained, not letting Tam's gaze slip away from his. Wylie tightened his hold on Linh's hand and gave it a gentle squeeze.

Linh looked at him nervously and nodded to her brother. "Tam, we're older now. I can go on dates if I want to," she replied.

Tam's gaze was menacing as he stepped forward looming over them. The extra step in front of the door had placed Wylie and Linh lower than him. He could now look down steadily at them. "I need to know your whereabouts, Linh. I worry about you," Tam told her, his gaze softened a little as he spoke. Then, it hardened as his gaze settled on Wylie once more. "Wylie Endal, knowing where and who my sister is with is incredibly important to me. If you haven't realized yet, which you wouldn't, I could have your lights out in a sec. Try and keep that in mind, although there won't be a next time."

Wylie just grinned as he replied. "Not if I can help it. And if there was, you wouldn't have any idea it ever happened."

Tam grinned back at him. "Well, then... I have my buddy, Dexyboi, back here that would be eager to take Linh from you."

Dex turned tomato-red, but awkwardly smiled and said, "I would indeed be very eager to take Linh on a date."

Linh gasped at all of them as she realized what was happening. "Look... I'll be the one to choose who I date. Thank you very much," she said trying to stop chaos from occurring. Then, Linh turned and pressed her lips to Wylie's cheek quickly. She pulled back and whispered, "Thank you, Wylie... but I can take of it." Linh hurried inside the house, not giving a glance to any of the boys after that. She collapsed on the couch and groaned.

Dex, seeing her distress, ran after Linh and wrapped his arms around her. Quietly, he said, "I'm not sure about your feelings toward me at the moment, but I can assure you that I will always stand by you and be there to comfort you."

Linh looked up at him and smiled, "Please promise me you'll never track me or do whatever Tam asks you to do."

Dex laughed as he stroked Linh's hair as she rested her head on his chest. "I promise. Plus you deserve your privacy. I wouldn't have helped Tam with that anyway," he grinned.

Linh smiled as she realized what a good friend Dex was. But after their previous date... she wondered if he... maybe... liked her. At the moment, Linh didn't know what boy she liked more. She couldn't choose. Not yet... at least. Linh needed more time. Then, she had an idea. "Dex... do you like Biana?" she asked quietly.