Chapter 3: Lovey-Dovey Eyes

I edited the cover a little bit!!!!! What do you think? Thank you all for voting, commenting, reading, and adding this book to your libraries! It means so much!!! I can't believe this was 300 reads already! And only 2 chapters! Thank you!! This story is definitely going to be really fun to write and I have a lot in mind! Get ready for a lot of suspense and confusion and ehheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheh... 

Remember:

References there are!

Enjoy Chapter 3: Lovey-Dovey Eyes!! 

Sophie had woken up earlier that day, feeling relaxed and peaceful. But she knew that the coming months would not be peaceful. The birds had been chirping and Sophie had heard the animals on the fields making their cute little animal noises. Sophie longed to see Silveny in person, but she couldn't tell Silveny to come. She didn't want to put Silveny and Greyfell and the baby in danger though. It would not be safe for them. Sophie sighed and walked down the stairs from her bedroom, where she had been tidying up all of her belongings and the rest of the room. Hopefully, it was good now, Sophie thought. Grady and Edaline had already eaten their breakfast. Edaline had made mallowmelt again for Grady. Sophie laughed as she saw Grady come back to the table and cut another slice of mallowmelt. He, then, settled down by Edaline again. 

"This mallowmelt is even better than last time's," Grady mumbled as he savored the mallowmelt. 

Edaline sighed and gave a little laugh and cuddled closer to Grady. "You love it more every time..." she said with a lingering voice.

Sophie smiled as she watched the pair of them. She quickly grabbed some mallowmelt and sat down to eat. "I get the letter today about soulmates!" Sophie said before she started eating. "I am so excited!"

Sophie was literally about to burst open with the amount of excitement she was containing inside her. She could not wait for the letter... and her soulmate too... she really wanted to know. Now was a bad time to be impatient, Sophie thought, letting out a little sigh. Sophie jumped onto a sofa next to the large rectangular window by the tall and broad door. She sighed again. Her impatience was really getting to her. She really wanted to see that letter. Sophie did wonder what the Council would actually put in the letter. She stared out the window and huffed. 

Suddenly, a ray of light appeared before the door, and a handsome elf with flaming red hair stepped from it. He walked toward the door, preparing to knock the Messenger knock. Sophie gasped and leapt away from the window. She quickly ran into another room, until she heard the Messenger knock on the door. It was a combination of 3 slow knocks and 3 fast knocks with one more slow knock at the end. She sighed in relief, since the Messenger hadn't seen her. Then, she walked to the door and opened it. 

The messenger smiled as he saw her. "Ms. Foster, here is your letter," he said enthusiastically as he handed her the letter. "My name is Cheddar Flopsy. You can ask for me at the Message Median in Eternalia if you need anything. I can also take a message to the Council or someone else." He ran a hand through his flaming red hair and winked at her and then moved into the path of light that he had created as they had been talking. Sophie's heart fluttered a little. He sure was a cute elf. She waved bye and look down at the scroll in her hands. Sophie's hands shook with excitement as she pried it open. She unfurled the scroll and began to read the letter.

Dear Sophie Elizabeth Foster, she read. They used my full name, she thought, quite formal they are. Then she continued to read.

As you may know already, the Old Magic has given you a soulmate. You are destined to be with another, and you may find out very soon. You will receive your symbol by the end of the day. Remember, you will not be able to talk about it to anyone, that is just how the Old Magic is. You should know who your Soulmate is by then end of the month.