Chapter 13

Hey everyone!! Thank you so much for 4.3k reads!! I honestly can't believe it! Everyone's support for this story has been amazing and deeply appreciated. It's time for another update! I actually had time to work on it this week, and I got about 3500 words in and ready for you to read. I drew Keefe up there. Also... can anyone find the reference in this chapter???? Hehehe... good luck! Please enjoy Chapter 13! (It's an exciting one...)

Chapter 13

Linh held her breath as they rematerialized in a pine forest. Dark green swirls of color surrounded them. A mixture of misses and rocks littered the forest floor. Leafs floated around, slowly falling to the ground. Wylie's hand tightened its grip on Linh's as she walked forward.

"Wylie, what is this place?" Linh asked in wonder. "It's amazing."

Wylie grinned. "Fallmine Forest. My family and I have come here for as long as I can remember," he answered, walking forward with her.

Linh gasped. "You brought me to a place sacred to your family?"

"Well... yeah. You're special to me," Wylie said, leading her between some of the pine trees. They came out on a cliff overlooking a glassy lake. Animals chittered and chattered in the nearby trees and forest.

Linh looked into Wylie's light blue eyes. They were similar to Keefe's, but Wylie's were unique. His eyes had a certain sparkle to them that made her leap with joy. Linh walked forward and wrapped her arms around Wylie. "I... I don't know what to say to that," Linh whispered. "But I do feel really special now."

Her head rested against Wylie's rapidly beating heart. Wylie held her close to him as he replied, "You don't have to say anything. The hug said it all."

Linh sighed happily as Wylie pulled back and linked their hands together. "Okay," Linh told Wylie as a deep blush spread across her cheeks.

Wylie led Linh to the other side of the cliff. He occasionally glanced at her. "I have something for you," Wylie whispered.

Linh gasped. "Really? Because coming to this place has been by far the best date I've ever been on."

It was Wylie's turn to blush this time. "Yeah really," he said with a large grin. "You'll like it."

Soon, a red blanket came into view. A basket sat on the corner of the blanket. Linh gaped at it. "A picnic?" Linh said excitedly.

Wylie nodded as he walked her to the blanket. Linh didn't know how to thank him, so she gave him another hug. Wylie hugged her back and picked her up slightly. He set her down on the blanket and then sat down beside her.

"Food?" Wylie asked with a wink.

Linh blushed. "What type of food?"

"Dessert," Wylie told her as he pulled out a tray of mallowmelt.

Linh looked at the mallowmelt and then back at Wylie. Her eyes widened. "Mallowmelt?" Linh exclaimed.

Wylie nodded as a wide grin spread across his face. Two plates floated out of the basket and settled down in front of them. Wylie took the cover off the tray and put one piece on each plate. Linh watched as two forks floated from the basket. She took her fork out of the air and put a bite of mallowmelt in her mouth. It was the best mallowmelt that she had ever tasted. Linh noticed Wylie's gaze on her as she ate. Wylie hurriedly ate some of his when Linh caught him staring at her.

Linh blushed and began to eat more of her mallowmelt. It melted in her mouth as the gooey piece entered. Linh grinned happily. "This is so good," she mumbled.

"That is good to hear. I made this mallowmelt especially for you," Wylie told her as his gaze never left her.

Linh's blush deepened as she heard those words. "Thank you, Wylie. I don't know how I will ever be able to repay you for all of this," Linh said with a grateful look.