Chapter 17

Hi everyone! I'm finally updating Soulmates again. I'm so sorry it's been so long. I got super busy with school, my fan account on Instagram, and Amino. The last little while has been very productive in a sense. I've done a lot of editing, done some organizing, wrapped friendship bracelet thread around clothespins, posted and caught up on some fan account things (reached 1k followers on my fan account yay!), posted on my YouTube, saw Little Women and Star Wars: Rise of Skywalker, watched The Mandalorian, done some homework, etc! I'm going to try to be better at updating in the future, but you all know how much of a struggle it is. Thank you for sticking with me thus far and supporting me across all the different platforms. Here is Chapter 17!! Enjoy! :)

Chapter 17

A blush bloomed across Biana's face as they both realized who the shriek belonged to.

"Linh..." Tam breathed fiercely. He turned around and saw his twin sister bathing in absolute delight. Linh had been jumping for joy over and over again, whilst exclaiming "Tam and Biana, sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G!"

Tam blushed bright red as his line of sight saw Biana smiling a little. "What?!" Tam asked as he walked closer to her instead of turning back to Linh.

"You're so cute when you're angry," Biana said meekly. Her blush deepened and her gaze shifted downward as Biana continued, "It's really endearing."

Tam laughed nervously. "You're cute when you're nervous though. I think that's more endearing than me being cute when I'm angry," he said and then thought for a moment. "Actually, I'm probably more threatening when I'm angry..."

"Oh well I guess it's probably just me that thinks you're cute when you're angry," Biana told him quickly.

"Yeah that's... true. Yeah, true," Tam said, agreeing with her.

Biana lightly hit his arm. "I think... you should do something about Linh though. Be nice!" she warned.

Tam just shook his head. "I may be protective of Linh, but she just invaded a moment that was private... between you and me."

"Don't siblings often do that?" Biana asked insightfully.

"Well..." Tam trailed off as he thought.

"Don't tell me you haven't done it to Linh because I'm sure you have. I've done it to Fitz too," Biana said trying to relate.

Tam sort of stared at her. "Well... yes, I guess I have," he said meekly.

"I don't think you should be annoyed by it then," Biana said with a gentle smile. "All siblings have moments like that."

A sigh escaped Tam's mouth. "Fine... but we're still continuing our date. I'll send Linh home. Plus, I need to talk to her briefly about what happened with Dex."

Biana nodded. "Of course!"

Tam wandered over to Linh. Anxiously waiting for him, Linh glanced up at him and smiled briefly. "Look, I'm sorry, Tam," Linh apologized. "I couldn't help myself, and you never take enough time for yourself. You act like you need to protect me and worry about me. I want to be able to do that for you."

Linh's eyes were full of compassion as Tam met her gaze. "Linh... I get that, but you need to respect my privacy sometimes and especially in a matter like this," he told her.

Linh nodded as Tam continued, asking his main question, "What was that with Dex?"

A flush spread over Linh's face. "It was a ploy to get you and Biana to leave... sort of," she said slowly.