Best of Friends (1)

July is my favourite month of the year. It's the time where heavy rain and strong typhoons are just like normal thing.

I was blankly staring outside my window watching the raindrops coming from the sky and listening to the soothing sound of the rain while drinking a hot chocolate when suddenly I heard a knock.

I opened my door and saw my best friend. She's soaking wet and shivering.

"Jennie? What happened?" That's my initial reaction as I dragged her inside my unit.

She was crying nonstop. Her eyes are the evidences that she's been crying for a long time now.

I prepared her a hot bath and some unused sweat shirt and pyjamas. 

Minutes later, she came out the bathroom and sit on the couch. Still not talking. Staring blankly, while her tears are still flowing from her cheeks.

"Same problem, am I right?" I asked while smiling. A sad one.

She just gave me a small nod and then she hugged me tightly as she sobbed and cried hard on my shoulder. I really wonder how can a petite girl holds so much water in her body. She's been crying for god-knows-how long and she still has tears to cry.

She broke the hug and spoke.

"It's funny that I still manage to cry over the same thing over again. I should be used to it. It's not like it was the first time he did this to me." She said trying not sound bitter.

I just remained silent.

"It's funny that despite of having guys and girls lining up just to have my attention, I still chose to be with a jerk." She let out a fake laugh while wiping her tears.

"C'mon. You should be used to it. Just like what you've said, it's not the first time he did that to you. C'mere, I'll give you a hug." I said and she came closer to me hug me tightly.

I ran out of words. I can't give her an advise. Haha. Maybe because it will just enter her right ear and then left through her left ear.

"I hope it was you whom I fell in love with. Why can't it be you? It should've been you. Maybe life will be not this complicated if it's you, right?"

That hit me. Why can't it be me? I also wished the same thing. I stayed up late at night waiting for 11:11 pm just to wish the same thing. That's the only thing I wish whenever I will see a wishing well. That's the only thing that keeps me wishing on the wishing star.

"Lisa? Are you alright?"

"Of course. You're here with me."

"You're so sweet. What did I do to deserved you?" Then she pinched me in my cheek. Really hard.

"Ouch! That hurts!" But nothing hurts more than seeing the most important person in my life crying over stupid thing. A jerk to be specific.

"I wish it was you. I hope it was you. And I pray it was you." She hugged me on my side and I snaked my arms around her shoulder and pull her closer to me.

"Do you love me?" I was caught off guard. Why is she blabbering things all of a sudden?

"Of course, I do. You're my best friend. Why'd you asked?"

"No, I mean. Do you still love me?" She paused. I got nervous. My body tensed and I know she felt it.

"...romantically?"