Right Kind of Wrong (2)

One month had passed since it all began. Their special project was finished, but the things that happened during those were not. Jennie kind of predicted this will happen, judging by the way she act when the taller is around. She can't deny the fact that she's been attracted to the girl since day one. She knows it's a mistake. It's wrong. Only because she is, they both are, committed to someone else. 'How can something so wrong feel so right?' Jennie thought. She'll be marrying her girlfriend, Jisoo next year and Lisa has a girlfriend. Everything's messed up between them. But it can't be help especially when Lisa and her became friends, despite the fact that they shared intimate moment one night. Little by little, she know every single detail about Lisa. Starting from she's an only child, she loves gamjatang, she likes cats, and she graduated with highest honor since she studied. She also learned that she used to play as a quarterback during her middle school in US but only to be stopped by her father. She's athletic, and Jennie liked it. Ever since she was in high school, she dreamed to date a jock. She's really turned on by that but she eventually forgot about that when she dated Jisoo.

The confusion of Jennie grew when Lisa confessed that she like her.

"Jen, I like you. I know it's wrong but I like you."

She knows to herself that she likes her too, but what's stopping her to say it is the fact that she. can't. like. her. Then she decided to keep it to herself.

"Sorry Lisa. I love my girlfriend."

But one night, where Jennie was walking out her hotel room, she saw Lisa walking out too but she was oblivious about the cat-eyed brunette's presence. Jennie followed Lisa outside until they reached the Central Park right in front the hotel, still Jennie was unnoticed.

Lisa's phone rang and she answered it immediately. Jennie was planning to talk to her but decided to leave her because she wants to give her space and because of the phone call.  When Jennie was about to leave, she heard Lisa said;

"Hi, babe. How are you?"

That's when she realized that she love Lisa. How? She's never been jealous in her entire life even when Jisoo's first love came back. Jisoo always make sure that Jennie feel she's the only one that's why she's never been jealous until now.

She's hurt. But she can't explain what kind of pain she's feeling. Maybe it's the kind of pain, an agonizing pain that that reminded her that she don't have the rights to feel that way. But she asked herself;

"Do you need to have the rights to feel jealous?"

Maybe not...

That night, it's their second week working together and it's been three days since Lisa started avoiding Jennie. It killed Lisa, knowing how much Jennie loves her girlfriend and the fact that Lisa is not being faithful to her girlfriend killed her more.

She made up her mind, she will forget her feelings for the older girl and be loyal to her girlfriend.

After eating dinner, she went straight to her room when she saw a figure of a girl sitting on the cold floor. Her arms are crossed above her knees and can barely see her face because her hair is messy.

"Jennie?"

As if on cue, the girl sitting on the floor jolted up and throw her arms around the taller brunette. Lisa felt her shirt was starting to get wet and that's when she realized that Jennie was crying.

"Why are you crying?" The worried Lisa asked.

"Why are you avoiding me?" Jennie asked Lisa that made the taller brunette out of words.

She sighed, "It's for the best. I don't want to ruin such a good relationship. And it's wrong, Jennie. It's better if I will avoid you before I will fall hard for you." 

"Do you still like me?"

"I don't," Lisa's answer made Jennie's heart beat stopped. She's too late.

"I already love you but I'm doing my best not to. I'm sor---"

"I love you too, Lisa." Jennie in a very low voice but enough for Lisa to hear.

Lisa smiled. 4 words is all she need to destroy the resolve she made.

And that's how their 'right kind of wrong' started.

"This is our last day, hon." Jennie said against Lisa's chest. They are lying on the king sized bed inside Lisa's hotel room. Skins brushing against each other and hearts beating in sync.

"Hmm." Lisa just hummed in response. She mind is occupied by the thought of it's their last day.

Tomorrow, they'll be facing the real world, the real world where there are someone waiting for them. The real world where Jennie is engaged and Lisa has girlfriend. The real world where they can't be together.

"Will it be the same?" Lisa asked her lover.

"What you do mean?" Jennie

Lisa chuckled because of her silliness.

"Of course, it will not the the same." She said.

"What should we do? I don't want us to end." Jennie said as she snuggle closer to Lisa.

"We'll find a way."

*

The day came where Jennie and Lisa needed to go back to the city where their office was located. Loud cheers coming from their officemates filled the entire floor. It's a successful project, indeed.

"Welcome back, my daughter and Jennie." The man in the black suit said. They shook hands and the man hugged his daughter as she whisper,

"I'm so proud of you." Lisa felt so happy but her happiness was suddenly vanished when she saw Jennie was hugged by her fiancee. She can't look at them. She just can't. It hurts her.

On the other hand, Jennie was shocked when someone grabbed her arms and hugged her tightly.

"I miss you much, baby." It's Jisoo, her fiancee. There was no words coming out from her mouth. She don't know what to say but she doesn't want to look suspicious so she half-heartedly said,

"I miss you too, baby."

Jennie was promoted and is now one of the boardmembers while Lisa continued her DBA. They still have communication. They call when their girlfriends are not around and they are texting, but didn't put their real names in each others contacts.  They still hang out, but not around the city where someone who knows them might see them.

Like for example now, they are having a time of their life strolling the empty and quiet park in a place far away from the city. Hands intertwined together and walking as if they are real couple, well in fact they are just hiding and taking advantage of their time together.

"I wish I can make the time froze so we can stay like this for ever." Lisa said hopefully.

"Why didn't I met you before I met her? Then maybe we don't need to hide ." Jennie asked Lisa while looking at the pink skies.

"It's tough, right? It's like you're singing a song with the an exquisite melody but you don't own the lyrics. It's like playing with a bubble. You are taking advantage of your time appreciating it because you don't know when will it disappear." Lisa said full of emotions.

"What we have is just a stolen moments. But remember this, Lisa. I am yours. Maybe we can't hold hands in the street without hiding, maybe we always talk pretending as if we are nothing, but I want you to know that you own my heart..." Jennie said as she placed Lisa hand in her chest.

"You own my heart, even if someone is holding it."