Best of Friends (2)

Flashback....

We used to live in Thailand but since my mom was offered a nice job in a law firm here, my family decided to live here. I was eight years old that time.

It was hard for me to cope and adapt with the new environment since I was an introvert. I really find it hard to talk to people for I am shy and timid.

But good thing there was also a transferee student from New Zealand. We talked, but we're not that close. We are total opposite. She's a social butterfly, and I am socially awkward. She's so smart, and I'm just average. She's a head turner despite of being chubby but cute, and I am always the target of bullies because of being awfully fat.

In my entire grade school, I was always staring at the particular chubby but cute cat-eyed girl. There are times that my teacher caught me and the whole class laughed because of my silliness.

Finally, grade school's over. I decided to lose weight because I'm starting to get conscious about myself too. And I'm starting to develop unusual feeling towards Jennie, the chubby but cute cat-eyed girl.

Treadmill, jumping rope, bicycle, and barbell are my best friend that time.

2 months had passed and vacation's over. I instantly became a celebrity in my new school. There are some guys that are hitting on me but I know to myself that I wasn't into them.

To my surprise, Jennie is studying in the same school but she's on Section A. She's still the same. The same Jennie Kim that I have a crush on.

There are times wherein we see each other on cafeteria but she I think she doesn't recognize me which saddens me.

I studied hard. I want to be on section A too. I want her to be my classmate. And my perseverance paid off when I made it to the overall outstanding students, which means I will be on Section A next school year.

*

8th grade...

The classes formally begun and my teacher started lecturing. And there's Jennie Kim.  I'm really amazed because she's really beautiful by just breathing. She's effortlessly beautiful.

Weeks had passed and everything's going well. Except that I'm kind of irritated to some of my girl classmates. They are pestering me and they are throwing their selves literally to me.

I was heading to our room today when I heard something. There are maybe around 3 people arguing so my curious ass looked for it.

"What part of no can you not understand? Do you want me to teach you how to read?" Wait. I know that voice.

"C'mon Jennie. Just go with us. You'll enjoy our company I promise." I knew it. It's Jennie.

"We don't need that. Let us just teach you how to multiply." Alright. That's my cue.

"What's the problem here?"

"Ohh. It's Lisa, the new girl crush. Wanna join us?" The new girl crush, huh?

"C'mon Jennie we're gonna be late." I said as I dragged her away from these goons.

"Wait Missy. We're not yet do----" I didn't let him finished what he will say coz' I punched him right away.

"You bitch! C'mere!" I pushed Jennie and we ran but the other guy grabbed my hair.

"Ugghh!" My hair! I spent 2 hours fixing it! And its newly dyed!