Best of Friends (4)

Lisa's POV

I woke up when the sun rays hit my eyes by the window. The space beside me was empty meaning, Jennie wasn't here anymore. I got up and do my morning rituals before going out my room. I went to the kitchen and saw a note on the fridge.

Lisa,

         I already got up because I need to prepare for work. I didn't wake you up because you're sleeping like a lion :'D. I cooked your fave breakfast. Eat well. I'll see you later.

Yours,
Jen

I smiled and ate my breakfast. Because of boredome, I just binge-watch something on Netflix until I got bored again.

''Boredom sucks. I hate being jobless.' I thought so I just play a random music from YouTube then one song got my attention.

I've known you for so long
You are a friend of mine
But babe, is this all we'd ever be
I've loved you ever since
You were a friend of mine
But babe, is this all we ever could be

"What the hell is this song?" I thought. I want to stop the song but something inside me thinks otherwise.

You tell me things I've never known

I remembered our first conversation. The talkative Jennie saying the most trivial things about her to a basically stranger me.

You showed me love you've never shown

I reminisce the sweet gestures of Jennie that I mistook.

'It was just a friendly gestures, Lisa. Don't keep your hopes high.' I thought

But then again when you cry
I'm always at your side
You tell me bout the love you've had
I listen very eagerly

I remember when she told she has a crush on our handsome classmate. I really got jealous but I just let her talk, and I am dying inside, pretending to be all ears to her.

but deep inside you'll never see
This feeling of emptiness
It makes me feel sad
But then again, I'm glad

She is numb and dumb and I am a martyr and a masochist. But what can I do? After all this years, my feelings for you never changed.

I just let the song continue and I am really internalizing every words. This song speaks for my feelings for her. Na-best friend zone.

I got up and went to my room with my laptop, speaker, and phone. I lost track of the song and just let it play randomly.

4 days. I only have 4 days left then I'll leave everything here, again.

I just stare at the ceiling blankly, thinking about the things that should've been forgotten. Things that were not worth remembering.

Kapag nalagay ka sa alanganin
Heto na naman tayo