chapter 2

She is walking away with that asshole. ​Elijah's growl echoed in the hall as the elevator doors opened revealing Alec who walked out before she gets in with that asshole. "Sire." Elijah bowed slightly.

"Elijah." Alec had shoulder length blond hair, startling white blue eyes, and was over 7 feet in​ height. He wore black pants, black shirt, and a black coat that reached his knees and still had snowflakes on his shoulders and in his hair. 

Elijah looked back at the elevators just as the doors were about to close and met her beautiful emerald eyes. The asshole, ​Rick,​ was smiling with a smug look in his eyes that had him taking a step forward but Alec stepped in his line of vision. "Enough. Lets go." His hand came down on Elijah's shoulder before they traced to the balcony of one of Alec's homes.

Elijah leaned on the railing looking out at the city in the distance as the snowfall lightened, wondering which building could hold the possessions of an emerald gazing chocolate haired beauty with partly full lips, small slightly pointed nose, and a curvy figure his hands itched to explore. It wasn't completely unusual to feel attracted to a gorgeous woman, but this woman had him breathless with one glance. She had him dumbfounded for several minutes in the meeting, unable to listen to the gray withering human speak to the others. Then his heart had thundered in his chest after being silent for thousands upon thousands of years. This was all for a nameless beauty.

"What witchcraft is this, Alec?"​

"The imbalance brings changes. He must be behind this. It could be fatal, Elijah." Elijah shook his head​ at Alec who was standing beside him with the shadows wrapping around him. "My heart beats, Alec. I could hear hers racing as our eyes met. What would be his motive and how would he do this?"

"Witchcraft, my friend, as you said. This is black magic and now you have a known weakness."​ Elijah rubbed his tender chest over his heart. "And now she is out there with that asshole."He felt the monster in him stir the longer he looked out over the city. "You know more than anyone to never underestimate the imbalance. The change in you has made you careless. Stay away from the city until the meeting. What of the phone call made by Harris to me? Do not slip up again, old friend." There was a threat in his voice but he knew the mistake and took responsibility for the slip up.

"Apologies, sire. I did not want to show a small part of my true self in front of her. It pained me​ to have her see even that small bit of the real me. Then that ​mortal​ grabbed her arm and I almost lost control, but it will not happen again. I was merely caught off guard by the beat of my heart, my lord."

"All is forgiven, Elijah. The beating was not in my premonition. I was unprepared as well."​ 

 "I no longer need blood, sire." This made Alec pause. "The imbalance brings many new​ adjustments. We don't know if they are permanent." With that he walked inside as Elijah took one last longing look at the city and rubbed the spot on his chest above his heart. ​Mine.

________________________________________________________________________________

Samriah put her bag on the floor in her bedroom as Rick turned on the TV in the living room. She walked to the bathroom, locked the door, and splashed water on her face. As she's patting it dry she sits and thinks about Elijah and the feelings he stirred. His mysterious and misty eyes looked at her like no one had before. It was as if he could see into her soul, as if he ​needed​ her. Everything inside her wanted him, to touch him, to have him as her own. Nothing had ever made her feel this way. She was emotionally untouchable, slightly lonely but this is how she had always liked it. Yet, he made her reconsider and she knew absolutely nothing about him but his name and that he was a part of the supernatural world.