Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Her head was pounding and someone was stomping around, making it worse. ​What the fuck!​ She opened swollen eyes that felt like they had been rubbed with sandpaper. She lifted a hand to her head and tried to sit up but immediately regretted that decision as her vision swam with the pain exploding in her head.

"Careful." The familiar deep voice had her flinching. She whispered,"why are you yelling?"

Elijah chuckled. "Sorry, amera."

She cleared her throat and the sound was amplified. She clutched her head and laid on her side. "What's happening? Everything is different." She peeled her eyes open to look at him. He wore a sympathetic expression as he slipped her hair behind her ear. "I had to give you some of my blood to heal you." Her heart began beating faster as her mind raced to several conclusions. ​Am I going to turn into a vampire now? Will hearing always be amplified? Ohmygosh I need sunlight! She realized he was grinning and she tried to look scornful but it was a pathetic attempt. Not only was he sexy as hell with that wide grin but everything still freaking hurt.

"No, amera. None of that will happen. You will only heal faster now." She tried to clear her throat again and flinched at both the noise and the movement. She gladly accepted the glass of water he held out for her. After a few gulps she laid on her back and realized the sheets and the bed looked familiar. ​Black satin sheets.​ "Black is my favorite color."

Samriah looked over him and was confused by the nervousness she was feeling. She should feel more...exposed by him reading her mind so easily. Not nervous.

"I wish you'd stop that." She told him, knowing she should be more annoyed at the mind reading. He leaned forward in his chair so he was a few inches from her face. She couldnt stop herself from glancing at his perfect lips and remembering how soft and full they felt. She clenched her thighs and realized her body felt a little sore and achy.

"I thought I was going to lose you." He whispered the words. When his hand came up to cup her cheek, she didnt stop him. Her lids grew heavier and she licked her lips as she kept glancing at his. "What do you remember, Samriah?" Her mind started racing again. What did she remember? The forest, the training, the makeout session, Alec was there, wendigos...Elijah with arrows in his back and a bitten arm.

She immediately tried to sit up to inspect him but her head rebelled and his arm moved with that supernatural speed to keep her down. "I'm ok, little witch." When he felt like she wasnt going to attempt to get up again he leaned down towards her face.

"You remember alot of what happened. That's good."

"What happened with the arrows?" He straightened in his seat and crossed his arms as a dark grim look took over. Her stomach lurched because he wasnt looking at her like she meant nothing. He looked disappointed and sad. She recalled how he had looked at her when he advised her to control herself. She hated that look when directed at her.

"Arrows were directed at Alec and me from the forest. He believes it was his brother, Merick. The arrows were dipped in an agent that slowed our speed and healing capabilities. That's why I couldn't trace to you." He looked away. He was disappointed in himself. That had her heart fluttering. She reached out and touched his knee. "It's ok, Elijah. I can take care of myself." His head whipped toward hers and he looked pissed.

"I told you to ​control​ your power. Letting it explode out of you like that could have killed you if I hadn't been there to give you my blood." She recalled the blood seeping out of her eyes and ears. "Not only did you suffer from those injuries, you had a head wound and claw marks on your chest." Her eyes widened and she began feeling her chest. Thats when she became aware of two things. The marks were completely healed and she was naked.