Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Samriah held onto Elijah's arm while grinding her teeth and squeezing her eyes shut as he traced from one spot to the next. The world fell away, her stomach dropped, then they'd land in the freezing snow that was trickling down around them. And repeat.

After a few rounds of this and she was fighting the nausea and shivering from the cold. ​How the hell was I going to screw this big guy in the freaking snow?!

"That's why I had you wrap your power around you." His nonchalant answer was immediate as he let her go and walked on silent feet toward Alec.

She didn't realize her eyes were open and she was watching him intently. He made it seem like that moment was nothing. ​He has Laliska. ​Again that vision came to mind and she slammed down the walls to keep him from hearing anything. She took a deep breath as the nausea subsided and a headache took its place. It was time to kick some Wendigo ass. She needed to remember that little boy and girl that were murdered and stop focusing on her own issues. Alec approached her, his almost white eyes fixed on her. Elijah wasn't around but she could feel him in the forest. He must've traced somewhere alone this time. He was probably with ​her.

"Visions aren't always what they seem." Her eyes widened. She had her walls up so how was he able to know her thoughts?! "I know that look, little witch." She was hesitant to believe when he seemed to be reading her mind so easily. She tried to keep a blank look as she turned away.

"What are we doing anyway?"

"I experience premonitions as well, Samriah." She looked back at him. "I will only say they are not always what you think. Sometimes the third eye will show you from a point of view that makes you jump to conclusions that aren't true."

Her vision had seemed pretty damn simple but now she had an inkling of doubt that made her more uncomfortable. Jealousy was new, not that she considered herself that jealous anyway. ​OK moving on.

"Do you know who murdered Sara?" She didn't want to deal with the whole 'become the new witch leader' but she preferred that to subject of Elijah and ​Laliska.

Luckily, Alec moved right along with her. "I have some ideas."

"Like visions?"

He sighed and looked towards the forest around them. She pulled her coat tighter and without permission her power rose to the surface and controlled her body temperature. "I have not had useful premonitions since meeting you." Was he blaming her? ​I have no control over your curse. ​As her power began controlling her body temperature she realized she had much less control over too much in her life. That made her uneasy.

"Sara talked of an all elemental witch." And there it was. "She died believing you would take her place among the small group of light witches. It is fate." She shook her head and asked instead,

"What about the Nykood? What could that do in the hands of the other side?"

"It is an advantage we cannot afford." Elijah chose that moment to appear next to Alec. She chose to ignore him and the thundering coming from her chest.

"Why not create another?" They both stared at her.

"What?! You have that whole create ability, right? Why not use it?" Elijah snorted and shook his head. She glared at him and opened her mouth to give a retort but Alec spoke before she could.

"If I create then Merick will need to do so as well."

"You just said it's an advantage you can't afford so why not take the risk to get what you need to win the war?" Alec didn't respond but seemed to be thinking about her words. ​At least someone appreciates my genius.