Chapter 5

Chapter 5

It had happened. She tried to contain it, tried to ignore it, tried to bury it so deep within that it could never ever get out. But it had. It didnt slowly crawl out reaching for a chance, no, it had exploded and pulled away the reins of control.

Samriah stopped a foot away from the white door and stared at the door knob as her heart pounded against her chest. She had made a promise that very morning to her father who had whispered his faith in her so mother wouldn't hear. Now she had to look into his disappointed sapphire eyes while squirming under her mother's disapproving scrutiny.

Samriah took a deep breath and willed her heart to slow down but it only ignored her heeds. She stepped forward and grabbed the handle when her vision clouded and the world around her dissappated into nothingness. A whirl of images whipped by without making any sense but robbing her of breath. The images displayed blood spreading across a familiar yellow floor, limbs detached from bodies, and sapphire eyes robbed of life.

A scream curdled the peaceful night as it ripped past her throat and silenced the voices. "Samriah!" Elijah's voice roared as he ran with blurring speed to her side. He shook her shoulders but her screams didn't lessen. Elijah gently took her face between his hands and yelled out her name. Her eyes found his and the screams stopped immediately as her body crumpled. Elijah's arms came around her body as he held her close and felt Alec's gaze on him. He turned and found Sara standing next to the bed but Alec was standing in the doorway with an unusual confused look.

Samriah groaned as consciousness slowly came along with pain pounding the walls of her skull. She opened an eye and found three pairs staring down at her but she latched onto the comforting gray gaze. "What the fuck?" Was that really her voice?! She flinched and grabbed her throat as the raw pain within combined with the pounding headache. A glass of water and pain killers came into sight. She followed the hand up to the stormy eyes that held such concern her heart sped up. She slowly reached out and took the water as well as the pills from him. Her fingers brushed his with a shocking zap sizzling between them. His eyes widened, letting her know he

felt it as well.

"There is much to discuss." Alec's tone had Samriah's power heating her core but she glanced at​ Elijah who gave a small nod so she quickly downed the pills and set the glass aside. She cleared her throat , ignored the pain, and swiftly got out of bed. Sara nodded at her then led the way to the living room with the men following behind. Samriah realized all her weapons had been taken from all the hidden places she had placed them in her clothes. It put her in an uneasy mood but she ignored it as Sara picked up an unfamiliar book from the coffee table in the center of the room.

The book created a hum within Samriah and made her pain subside. "What is that?" Her throat was even beginning to feel better but her voice still croacked. "The Nykood. It is a book of many prophecies that may or may not occur." Sara's answer confused Samriah. "Aren't you a seer?

Why would you need a book about the future if you can see it."

"These are major prophecies we need to be aware of. My premonitions are unclear images that​ create more confusion than clear futures. While this book holds key information about events that could be catastrophic without it's knowledge." Her description of premonitions brought back memories that pushed against her mental wall but she held them off and instead focused on the book that felt like it had latched onto her. Like it was...trying to communicate. She didn't know how she knew this just that she felt it with every fiber of her being. ​This is ridiculous. It's just a book.

"It's not just a book. Voice what you are feeling." Samriah glared at Alec and felt her power​ pulse within her. "Stay out of--"

"Enough!" Alec's voice echoed and shook and the building. Samriah's power dulled but his one​ word tore down her mental wall as well as busted her ability to control her power. Her power came rushing outwards, busting every window in her apartment and throwing her guests against the walls. Alec's eyes widened as he was pressed against the wall then the little amount of blue in his eyes faded away making them milky. He glared at Samriah and she felt a push in her mind but she fought against it knowing it was him. But it was difficult as she saw her 12 year old self opening a white door, running inside, then falling as she slipped in...her father's blood.