2. Getting started

You were sitting in the waiting room, with your heart beating, like it wanted to leave your chest. It was acting just like you. All you thought of, was just getting up, and head to the exit, but you couldn't. You knew that despite being a nervous rack, it was also something you have dreamt of since you started Uni and heard of the voice hero. Working for him could be potentially the biggest chance you could get in your life.

There was only one problem. You were terrible at interviews. You would probably not even be into your course, if not for your motivation letter, which, you needed to admit, nailed it. But interviews? Talking to other human beings, who's job is to judge you and evaluate in just twenty minutes about your future, seemed for you like a nightmare.

You got up slowly, noticing how your legs started to shake, so you sit down again.

It's so stupid! Relax, you're an adult for god's sake! If not this job, you'll get another chance!

But you knew, that a voice in your head was wrong. And it was then, you felt shivers down your spine and squeeze in your heart. You sat down again breathing faster. You can't go in... You can't tell them about your quirk. Not getting your dream job, is not gonna be your biggest problem. Present Mic is a hero after all, it will be his job to get you to the police station for investigation.

You looked at your hands, which were covered in black gloves. You hated your quirk and quickly understood, that it was necessary and safest for you, to keep it as a secret. You had enough sorrows in your life already and going to jail, because of your genes, wasn't something you were up to.

Your head shoot up when you felt a hand on your shoulder. You swallowed seeing green eyes, looking at you with a concern, under the well-known sunglasses. He smiled brightly, when you seemed awake from your current state. You were still breathing faster than you should, while sitting in a waiting room.

- Are you OK, listener?- he asked in his normal tone, but surprisingly quiet. You nodded your head, not being able to say anything- I was calling you, but you seemed out- you bit your lip and bowed as low as you could, while standing up.

- Apologies, I was just caught in my thoughts- you answered, with a weird high pitched voice. You coughed, feeling your chicks turning red.

- Are you sure, you're OK? You seem sick- you shook your head and smiled a bit- alright, then. Are you Y/N? I think we have a job interview to deal with?- he added going back to his cheerful self. Still biting your lower lip you nodded your head, and started walking behind him, entering a radio station at the end of the hall. No one was here and it seemed it wasn't used too often. You sit at the chair showed by him, and waited, while he was looking through your CV, like he never seen it before.

You definitely did not expect him, to be your interviewee. He was certainly a busy man, with combining three jobs: hero, teacher and a radio host, and it seemed surprising, that managed to find time for the job interview.

- So, are you still a student? Master's?- you nodded again, not even picking up the fact, that he wasn't really looking at you- I'm a voice hero, I like to hear sounds coming out of your mouth, listener- he joked, looking at you. He chuckled seeing your red face.

- I'm sorry! Yes I am a master's student- you answered, with your voice shaking. You were lucky that the hero wasn't looking for someone to host a show, cause then you would fail automatically- I do broadcasting- you added a secend later, and he just nodded his head, still going through your application.

- Do you have any quirk that may be helpful in the job?- you pulsed and opened the mouth, just to shut it right back. This is it... You needed to think twice. Tell him and wonder whether you're gonna see outside world again, or lie and tell him that you don't.