6. Memories

Mia wasn't sure, whether meeting him, without you, was a good idea. But,when he called her, she could hear a mix of sadness and irritation in his voice.
She got up and opened the doors to see, no-one else but Present Mic in his casual clothing and normal glasses, which surprisingly suited him more than his sunglasses, that used to hid his outstanding, green eyes. His hair was put into the casual bun.
- Apologies for taking your time- he said walking inside. He smiled to the girl and looked around a quite big flat. He was wondering if she was living g with her boyfriend, or somehow was able to afford a place like that. But it wasn't his business. It wasn't the reason,why he came here.
- Well, you sounded like you wouldn't take a no for an answer- she said, going to the kitchen, to make coffee. He laughed nervously, following her- I once told you, that if you want to know anything about Mia, you need to ask her , your...
- She doesn't want to tell me anything- he interrupted, with Asad look on his face- we talked yesterday and he records just leave my head... What happened to her,Mia? - his tone was firm and eyes fixed on the girl, who just sighed- did you know, that she doesn't care if she lives?! - he could notice how she pulsed and her eyes changed.
-Still?- his eyes widened at the question- I thought she was ok now, after all those years...
- Is it because of her parents?
- She told you?!- she screamed surprised.
- More of slipped. It slipped , when she was in the middle of how she is not good enough for someone to be proud of her - Mia sat down and sighed, hiding her face in her hands.
- She's gonna kill me...- she took the sip of the coffee and looked at the man with watering eyes- I'm gonna tell you everything I know. But you won't know anything about he roast from me- she stopped and sigh - she never talked about it with !e, except of the fact, that her parents left her on the streets, when she was just nine- she took the mug and sat at the more comfy sofa- I met her on the 15th of December... I remember it was an awful winter,with snow and temperature going under the zero Celsius. My parents send me got he shop, to buy some things for the Christmas decorations... My dad is American, so we always made our house or flashy, like he did when he was a kid. I remember that as it was yesterday...- she stopped and smiled sadly- I was freezing myself to death, as I forgot my gloves, when I noticed her. She was wearing nothing else than a thin track suit and some black gloves, and a awful looking scarf. No jacket, no bots except of snickers, no hat. She was sitting outside the shop eating a small piece of bread, she probably found in one of the garages. She was so small, so fragile and so cold. She was my age, so it broke my heart when I noticed it. However, afraid of doing anything, I just went into the shop and bought everything that I needed. And when I came out the view broke my heart into pieces- she stopped, and got rid of the tears falling from her eyes- there was a dog family. A mother and two small dogs. They were hungry and freezing just like Y/N. But she took them closer to her and hid them under her tracksuit jacket and gave them the rest of her bread. She was just sitting g there in the snow, with a shirt on, visibly shaking, but with a smile on her lips, seeing the dogs being saved. - she looked at the man, who seemed to be in a shock. - I could look at that and I walked to her. I will never forget the fear in her eyes, when she saw me. She was visibly afraid she would have done something.

- Aren't you called? - the girl asked you. She was wearing a beautiful winter coat, a white scarf with a matching hat, and black winter boots. She seemed a bit older than you, and her smile was something you would never expect to see from someone who looked like that. - why did you give them your jacket and bread?
- I don't want them to freeze, they're just kids - you answered with a shakig voice, which was probably because of the cold. You looked away the beautiful girl kept on staring at you. She then kneeled and smiled to you even brighter.
- Why don't you come with me? I have a big house with a lot of food and nice warm clothes - your heart skipped a beat, looking into her beautiful baby blue eyes. - I'm sure my parents wouldn't mind. They wanted a second kid anyway- she laughed to you so honestly, that you could feel tears at the edges of your eyes. She got up and lend you her hand- come on, it's Christmas soon, right ?!

- Needles to say, my parents were surprised when I came back home with a little homeless girl and three dogs, which followed us to the house, and came to us every morning after it. My parents were happy to adopt her, without asking any uncomfortable questions, which she didn't even want to answer. She had some basic documents with her, so we knew her name and surname. And from that day she lived with us. However...- she stopped and got up, looking through the window at the now pouring rain- eventhough me and my parents gave her everything that we could have, and tried to make her feel like in a  really family, she always looked like she was t happy. I remember our biggest fight... I confronted her about, how she always look, like she doesn't belong here, even though we gave her so much. I remember her apologetic look and sad smile.
- I am so thankful to you and your parents for giving me a life I would never even dare to dream about. However, I don't deserve any of this. I promise I will give back all the money that your parents put on me, and I promise that I , one day will pay you back for the kindness you gave me, because I truly see you as my sister. But my parents once told, I do t deserve to be happy, and I know they were right.
- It was after she tried to take her life away. She was 16 and after that we never talked about it. I tried to forget about that day, and she promised me, she will never do that again. She indeed worked and studied, and gave my parents most of the moment, which they hid from her, waiting for her anytime she would need them back- he was listening to this all with fear, not being able to believe. There was still something he needed to know.
- What about her quirk ?- Mia turned around and gave him a surprised look.
- What quirk? She doesn't posses one- Mic frowned and sighed- what do you mean ?
- I'm not sure, but I think it has something to do with her hands... That's why she covers them... - he got up and started walking to the exit.- I'm sorry I forced you to go back into those memories - and he just left, walking to your flat to talk to you.

***
The day seemed like it felt exactly how you felt. The rain couldn't stop falling. It even seemed like the storm was slowly coming, which you actually enjoyed. You were sitting on the sill, looking through the window. You tried to control your mind and think of the way, to make everything right. However, the mpre you thought about it, the more certain you were, that there was no way out.
You don't remember Mic ever go so serious, even during g the fights with villains, that were shown on TV. The big smile, and a loud "yeah" was always heard loudly and his smirk never left his face, when he was giving interviews.
You sighed and got up. You out tracksuit with a too big hoodie on, and left your flat. You looked up enjoying the cold drops of rain on your face. It was so mollifying, that it made you feel in peace, first time in a while. You even managed to force yourself for a small smile.
You put down the hoodie, and enjoyed rain dropping on your hair, which have now became all wet. You didn't care, not like you ever felt the need to look good. You never had anyone you wanted to look good for and it didn't look,you would ever find someone like that. You weren't someone,that could be loved. Not with your quirk, a quirk of your villain. Hiding under the thick black gloves, you moves away a dream, that you would ever have a family, and you would be a better parent, than your were. Right now you couldn't even see yourself as a mother... As a wife... A friend.
You looked at the screen of the phone and sighed seeing anew message from Mia, who didn't seem to understand, what "time alone meant". You frowned seeing the last message, she has send you.
I'm sorry.
- You seriously like rain, do you ? - you looked up with fear, hearing a familiar voice, only to meet green eyes, that felt like penetrating every each of your body.

Wow... Ok that was sad I know... But I hope you guys enjoyed it just a little bit :)