7. Enough

You were both walking to your place. It was raining, and as much as you didn't care if you catch a cold, you couldn't let him get sick. He's a pro hero, with a voice quirk. If he gets a cold his throat ache can cause issues with his power.

You haven't said anything and so did he. He just followed you. You didn't know how he knew where you were, but you assumed Mia had something to do with it. You sighed to yourself, and opened the door to your flat. You thanked yourself, that you decided to clean before going for the walk. Normally you do that in the evening, but it felt like a good idea, to do it in the morning.

You let him walk inside, and closed the doors behind yous. You could see, his gaze going around your home, apparently trying to catch anything unfamiliar or just unnatural.

- Make yourself comfortable, I'm gonna go and make us some warm coffee- without looking at him, you walked to the kitchen and put the water in the kettle on, and sighed deeply. You didn't know, what Mia told him, or why they talked anyway, but you saw it in his eyes. He was serious. After your conversation with him at the studio, you assumed he will try to talk to you, but never even thought about him trying to talk to your only friend. This was getting irritating. He was almost as annoying as Mia was, during the first days, when you lived with them. She wanted to know everything. Just like him. As much as you could understand Mia's reasoning, you couldn't see why someone like Present Mic, would want to know you better. You were no-one special. For him you were a probably quirk less, shy and anti-social person, who works with him once a week for couple of week. You weren't even that pretty, at least that's what you always thought o yourself, when you looked in the mirror. Comparing to Mia's natural angelic beauty, you looked like a complete opposite.

- You sigh a lot- you pulsed hearing a familiar voice behind you. You didn't turn around, feeling how close he was. Having to look at his eyes, from such a short distance, was the last think you wanted to do.

- The coffee is almost ready, so if you would like to sit down and I'll bring it to you – you said, pouring the water into the cups. Unto your joy, he turned around and sat in the living room. You took the cups, milk and sugar with you and put it on the small table, sitting next to the man- I... If you want, you can take a shower, and I'll put your clothes into the drying machine... I... I don't want you to get sick- he looked at you and then on his clothes.

- What about you? You're more wet than me...- his green eyes were looking all over you, from under his everyday glasses. You go first and I'll wait- you shook your head and smiled.

- I don't want you to get sick, it can affect your quirk- you answered, trying to make your voice sound as stable as you could.

- And what could affect your quirk?- you budged and looked at him confused. What was he talking about? How could he know about your quirk. There was no way Mia could have told him, as she didn't even know. Automatically you looked at your hands, which was your first mistake- so I was right... You do have a quirk- his voice became stern, and dangerously low- and the fact you stared down into your gloved hands I can assume they have something to do with them- you swallowed hard, trying to control the shaking of your body. How did that happen. A secret you tried so desperately to hide, was found out by no one else but a pro-hero. You bit your lips, feeling your heart beating faster. You couldn't even control your breathing anymore- hiding a quirk from the public, police and pro-hero is against the law- you clenched your hand into a fist, knowing exactly what he meant- you are obligated to tell me now what your quirk is, if not, I...

- You will have to arrest me and get me into police hands- you finished for him. He put he cup away and turned to you. You felt your eyes water, and your anxiety kicking in. It was the moment, your parents warned you about. It was that moment you were so afraid to come.