Chapter 6: Parents and Family

I was upstairs in my room with Chris, packing our bags for the trip to my parents place but he also said that he booked a private jet to America to visit his parents too and see his family, which I think may not be the brightest idea. What if his parents don't like us being together, or his siblings if he even has any? But he already booked the flight and there's no take backs.
   Once we were done packing, we went to the car and luckily my parents house is in this city but it's just really far away from my house.

|3 HOURS LATER|

We eventually arrived in the driveway of my parents house but instead of me worrying, Chris was the one shaking.

"Why are you shaking so much?" I asked.

"Because they're your parents, Alan. What if they don't like me?" He mumbled.

"I doubt it, and besides their nice people so there's nothing to be afraid of. They're not exactly against gay marriage." I told him.

"You're right, I guess.." We then got out of the car and walked towards the front door.

"I don't know, Alan! What if they don't like me?" He whispered loudly.

"Stop being so afraid, you were the one who thought of this!" I then rang the doorbell. After a couple of seconds, my mother answered the door.

"Alan! Velkommen hjem kjaere!" She exclaimed. (Alan! Welcome home sweetheart!)

"Nei nei mor vet du snakker engelsk?"(No no mom, do you know and speak English?) She then looked at me and said.

"Oh yes, I'm sorry! I thought you were alone!" She apologized.

"No, I have a friend." I said.

"Friend? Who is it?" She asked.

"Mom, I would like you to meet Chris Comstock aka Marshmello." I introduced Chris.

"Oh yes! I know you! You're that famous DJ, like my son!" She said excitedly. She then kissed me on the cheek and grabbed my hand. I grabbed Chris's hand and she pulled me towards the living room where everyone was sitting.

"Alle! Alan e hejemme og han tok en venn fra Amerika med navnet Chris." (Everyone Alan's home and he brought a friend from America named Chris.)

"Hei Alan Hei Chris!" Everyone greeted.

"Nei nei engelsk."(No no, English.)

"Hi Alan, hi Chris." We then waved at them and I sat down but Chris just stood up instead. Maybe it's time I tell them that Chris is more than just a friend to me.

"Hey... C-Can I say something to all of you?" I said as I stood up went towards the middle of the room. Everyone seemed to put their focus on me but Chris looked at me and blushed, but I had to contain myself.

"The reason I brought Chris here was because that me and him are.. Gay.. " I said nervously. Everyone looked at me with shock but my mom said.

"Honey, we don't care if you're gay or not, just as long as you two are happy! And besides, it's not like your together or something!" She smiled brightly.

"Mom, we are together..." I said.

"What?..." Her smile faded.

"Yeah Mom, I thought you watched the news and saw that I kissed him onstage..." I murmured.

"Well um.. I didn't watch the news that day and didn't see it...." She mumbled.

Marshmello then walked to me and whispered.