4

Mild smut warning!

Once the other half dozen people who'd opted to after-party at Shawn's got their drinks, we all sat down in the living room. I managed to find a seat as far from Shawn as possible.

After my large glass of wine, I was feeling pretty good since the champagne buzz had not fully worn off. I liked the company (with one exception), so I was chattier than usual. I'd just gotten myself another half a glass of wine when Lillian came up to me.

"Owen and I are going back to his place. Do you want to share a ride?"

"He doesn't live anywhere near us, and I don't want him to go out of his way. I'll just get my own ride. Thanks, though," I said, though I was a bit annoyed she was leaving so soon after insisting I come.

She and Owen left, and another couple exited right after them. The party was apparently breaking up. It was time to get an Uber. I picked my purse up off the dining room table where I'd set it and pulled out my phone.

It was dead.

"Fuck," I muttered under my breath.

"You okay?" Shawn asked from behind me. I turned around and saw he was putting all the booze away in the kitchen.

"My phone is dead. Do you mind if I charge it a minute? I need to order a ride."

"The charger is in my bedroom. Follow me."

We walked past a piano and down a short hall until we got to the master suite. I glanced around. The room itself was pretty fantastic, though it was smaller than you'd think. Most of one wall was comprised of floor to ceiling windows. Down a hall at the back of the room I could see that there was a huge closet and a bathroom. Both doors were open, so I got a look at how nice they were. The huge bed in the middle of the room was unmade and there was luggage strewn around the floor.

"I just got back from Europe," he said as he'd obviously noticed me eyeing the mess.

"I'm not judging," I said.

"The charger is on the bedside table."

I walked towards it and plugged my phone in. Hopefully it would wake up quickly.

"You can sit while you wait," he told me.

I took a seat on his bed, and I could tell immediately that it was a good mattress.

He walked back out to the living room. I could hear him talking with the last couple guests, though I couldn't make out what they were saying.

A few minutes later, Shawn returned.

"Everyone's gone," he said.

I looked closely at Shawn and noticed how tired he looked. Had he come out tonight after a long flight? Was he still on European time? As much as I hated him, I genuinely felt horrible that I was putting him out by staying after the party had broken up.

"Shit. Sorry. I'll be out of your way in just a second. I'm not sure why this is taking so long," I said apologetically.

He walked over to me and reached for the charger. He was so close that I could smell him. And he smelled damn good. He held up the other end to show me it wasn't plugged into the socket.

That explained why it wasn't charging.

After he plugged it in, he went to his bathroom and shut the door. I sat there nervously tapping my foot on the wooden floor. Was there anything more awkward than being alone with someone who doesn't like you and obviously wants you gone?

I heard the toilet flush, and I blushed at the thought that he'd been peeing. He'd had his dick out just feet away from me, which felt weirdly intimate. Shawn emerged a second later and stood in front of me looking impatient. I was positive all he wanted was to get into his bed and sleep, and I was the one thing preventing that.