33 1/2 (Bonus Chapter!)

Author's note:
Thank you for getting this story to 100k! This chapter continues where Chapter 33 left off. Shawn and Sadie are in New York City after celebrating New Year's Eve. It's written from Sadie's POV just like the rest of this story. It's pretty much just fluffy filler, because I didn't want to impact where the sequel picks up.
Enjoy!
❤️❤️❤️

~~~~~~

Very mild smut warning
(sorry smut lovers)

I woke up with a headache. I hadn't felt that drunk the night before, but the bourbon and cokes coupled with the pink champagne had definitely given me a bit of a hangover. This wasn't how I wanted to start the new year, but I was probably one of millions worldwide who awoke to this alcohol-induced condition.

Shawn's arms were wrapped tightly around me. I often wondered if he held me when we slept because I used to sneak out back when we were just hate-fucking. He now made it impossible for me to escape the hold of his strong arms without waking him up. As much as I wanted to get up to take some Advil with a huge glass of cold water, I relaxed against him and savored the wonderful feeling of being trapped by the man I loved.

We'd come a long way recently. I'd very nearly lost him forever when I pushed him away on the drive home after I'd broken my arm. I'd been terrified of my feelings for him. I still was, truth be told. Sometimes I questioned how it was possible that he was with me and that he seemed so invested in our relationship.

Technically, we'd only been dating for around six weeks. Last night we'd talked about having a future together. I loved that he felt so strongly about where we were headed, but it was also terrifying. If I went all in, I could get hurt. He had quite a few commitments out of town in the new year, and he could be tempted by one of the thousands (millions?) of women who would give anything for a night with him. I loved that I was the only one he'd wanted since we'd first hooked up, but I couldn't shake the feeling that I wasn't good enough for him.

My negative thoughts were interrupted by my boyfriend pulling me even closer, giving me the 'morning poke' I'd grown accustomed to. I wiggled against him in response.

"Mmmm. G'morning sexy Sadie," he murmured into my neck, his voice ragged.

"Why am I not surprised that you're starting the new year off like this," I said with a giggle.

"I've resolved to fuck you as often as possible, and I take my New Year's resolutions seriously," he said. I could hear the smirk in his voice even if I couldn't see his face.

I laughed, which made my head hurt. "I don't think that counts as a resolution!"

"Of course it does. You should make non-stop sex your resolution, too. That way we can help hold each other accountable."

He was so ridiculous that I couldn't help but giggle more.

"Ouch! I have such a headache," I said when I stopped shaking with laughter.

He loosened his grip and rolled me over so I was facing him. "I'm a little hungover, too. Did you know that morning sex is the ideal cure? Better than any pills."

His expression was completely serious and I waited for him to crack. He held my gaze, his brows furrowed earnestly.

"Bullshit," I said.

"I would not make that up! It absolutely true. I read something about how the activity gets your blood flowing so that your veins aren't as constricted and it makes your head feel better."

"I don't believe you."

"Then we need to put this to a scientific test. Surely an engineering student such as yourself understands the merit of testing out a theory," he argued.