Chapter 2- Weapon

Years and years have passed since that unfaithful night.

Little Vannie was no longer the same girl who dreamt of princesses and princes. Instead replaced a true creature of the night. A cold yet beautiful woman who felt the burden of the entire wizarding world on her slender shoulders. 

Her brown hair now reached her lower back. Her tiny figure was now the height of 5'4, 5'5 is you asked her. But the most changed of all was her cold green eyes that no longer held the light in them which they once did. 

After years and years and switching between the households of witches and wizards that worked for the Ministry. Vanessa had not felt the comforts of the warmth of true unconditional love since that dark dark night. 

She has been passed from person to person like she was the hot potato at a child's birthday game. As soon as she became accustomed to a home, she was forced to switch. 

She was never a bad child, always obedient to her elders. She never caused problems. She only has ever done as she was told. In the beginning, she believed that no one wanted her and that she was a bother. She didn't realize that everyone that had her in their care wanted to keep her, but they couldn't since her future was out of their hands. 

So went, from household to household, not knowing the reason. Until one day. 

-*- 

Vanessa at the age of 13 was walking down the halls of the department of mysteries. Her current guardian worked their and Vanessa was instructed to meet him there after her day roaming around London. 

Vanessa was constant after spending the day being alone with her thoughts, she listened to her shoes clicking against the tile as she walked. The rhythmic sounds induced her peace but it was soon to disrupted by an urgent conversation taken place. 

Vanessa being the obedient child was, she did not want to disturb so she hid in a corner and waited. 

"Cornelius, the girl has suffered greatly. She needs a stable home. I've been providing her one this whole summer, surely you can allow her to stay." Said the first voice. Vanessa knew this voice, it was her current guardian. 

Cornelius then answered, "Philip, you knew this was the arrangement since the moment you volunteered for this role. You have taught her all you could, now let her move on to someone who can teach her more". 

"She still just a child, she needs a family, a real one, one which she ones won't change every summer," said Philip.

"Philip is right", Said a third unfamiliar voice. " This is not what Lily and James would have wanted for their daughter"

"Albus, you were the one who gave me the power to determine what happened to this child. You got to decide the faith of her brother, who should have grown up in a wizarding household. It is my turn to decide now and my decision is final" said the minister angerly. 

" What is the point! She leaves for Hogswart every year! What is the point of having her switch families every summer when it's only for two months!" replied Philip with as much anger as the minister. 

"Cornelius, be sensible," said Albus. 

"I am being sensible. The girl is my weapon and she needs more power. There is nothing Philip can teach her anymore so on to the next. That is my final decision, one more word from you Philip and you can kiss your job and the remaining time you have with Ms. Potter goodbye." said Cornelius who was at his wit's end. 

"You can are to be the death of that child minister," said Albus as he walked away. 

The three men went their separate ways, leaving Vanessa in a corner replaying the conversation in her head. 

What did he mean by weapon?