Chapter 6- The Hearing

I woke up bright and early on the day of Harry's hearing. Everyone was asleep and the house was completely quiet. After I did my usual morning routines , I got dress in my Auror robes. Before departing from the house I left a note in the kitchen explaining that I needed time to think before the hearing and that it wouldn't be fit for me to be seen with my brother in public.

I decided to take the visitors entrance to the Ministry of Magic since it was a far way to walk but I could still easy reach there on time.

It was a beautiful morning. The sun was beginning to rise and the sun light kissed the clouds in just the right way. The birds were singing there merry little songs as they flew deeper into the sleeping city of London. With all this beauty around me , I could help but think of a certain goofy red head. Just the thought of him made me smile like an idiot, thankfully no one was around or they would think I'm crazy. But I am crazy ... crazy for Fred.I know it's cheesy as heck but what can I say? I'm head over heels for that guy and with every day that pasts I fall for him even more. Even in these last couple days I have spent at headquarters. Everything he's around me I get butterflies in my stomach . Whenever he talks to me I go into a daze. Oh and when he even touches me in the slightest way , my whole body tingles. You can say I'm a foul but I'm falling for the Havoc King and the rate that I'm going at , there's no going back.

I arrive at my destination , the ladies restroom. I could have used the old telephone booth a couple blocks away but Harry and Mr.Weasley plan on using that entrance and I didn't want to run into them unless I have to . I had to keep my cover. I flushed myself down the toilet , the thought grossed me out but I didn't get wet or anything.

Next thing I know ,I appear in a fireplace in the heart of the ministry . I brush myself off and walked down the halls giving friendly smiles and greetings to everyone that I pass. Hey what can I say ? A smile a day keeps the evil away!

I was kinda tired from that walk so I headed straight to the secretary at the front desk. " Goodmorning Alisha , can you tell me where I'm suppose to be ?"I asked the secretary ,Alisha.

"Morning Miss.Black , you will be needed in Courtroom ten at 8 o'clock " replied Alisha . I was alarmed the hearing wasn't suppose to start for another three hours.

"Are you sure ?" I asked with a hint of fright.

"Yes , the location and timing have recently been changed" . Oh my I hope Harry is aware of this , if he misses this court hearing no one would ever hear the end of this. I quicken my pace as I make my way to the courtroom 10 . I soon arrive to the courtroom . My job was to simply make sure the accused doesn't throw a fit basically. It's eight o'clock now and Harry is still not in the courtroom . To hide my anxiety I pace around the perimeter of the courtroom . Five minutes has past and Harry still isn't here . But to Fudge's dismay Harry comes bursting through the door

***********************

Harry was cleared of all charges ! I couldn't believe it ! well I could cause I knew my little brother was innocent but woow! Everyone was now clearing out of the courtroom , I waited for Fudge to come down seeing that he wouldn't be in the best of moods and would need some fake reassurance. Harry must have already exited the room , for he was no where in sight. "ah Vanessa , right this way" said Cornelius Fudge gesturing for me to follow him. We soon ran into one of the people I hate most Mr. Lucius Malfoy. I kept my calm as we made our way over to him . I smile politely not wanting to break my cover. Him and Cornelius were rambling on about the hearing while I just stood there looking contempt. Well that's until my brave little brother came along looking astonished at what he saw. " Well, well, well ... Patronus Potter" said Malfoy cooly ." The minister was just telling me about your lucky escape , Potter. Quiet astonishing ,the way you continue to wriggle out of very tight holes ... snakelike in fact" I just looked at my feet not wanting to be apart of this unless I had to. Cornelius thought I hate Harry with every cell in my being as my actions wouldn't be unjustified.

"Yeah" Harry said ,"yeah , I'm good at escaping"

"And Arthur Weasley too!" rambled Malfoy" What are you doing here , Arthur ?"

" I work here " replied Mr.Weasley curtly .

" Not here , surely ? I thought you were up on the second floor ... don't you do something that involves sneaking muggle artefacts home and bewitching them?"

"No" Arthur snapped.

"What are you doing here , anyway?" Harry asked Malfoy.

" I don't think private matters between myself and the Minister are any concern of yours, Potter. Really just because you are Dumbledore's favourite boy , you must not expect the same indulgence from the rest of us ...shall we go up to your office ,then , Minister"

" Certainly, this way Lucius . Oh and Vanessa my dear you may leave now " said the Minister. Fudge and Lucius walked away. I looked up at Harry and Mr.Weasley and have them a reassuring smile before walking away back to headquarters by myself.

-----------------------------

This scene is owned by JK Rowling.

I would like to let you know that I will be changing Vanessa's last name to Black instead of Dumbledore because the Minister is suppose to have 100% faith that Vanessa is loyal to him and he would have to be a real idiot to think someone with the last name Dumbledore would be on his side in these situations. so yea Vanessa Black will fit into the storyline better.

Enjoy xoxo 99wishes