Chapter Seven

<< Cyrus >>

I felt like I needed to tell jonah about my feeelings even though he is with andi. I don't want him to not know. Besides I don't think I can keep my feelings hidden anymore.

While he was watching andi in the water, I tapped him on his shoulder.

"Hey jonah I need to tell you something,"I said and he nodded for me to continue.

"Jonah I... I like you,"I said and he smiled.

"I like you too, your my best bud,"he said and I sighed. He didn't understand what I meant and before I could correct him, andi came out the water and walled over to us.

"Hey guys the water is great,"she said and sat next to jonah. Maybe next time.

"I might go in there myself,"I said amd I went inside the water. But my eyes never left the couple.

Maybe I should move on. Jonah is never going to like me. I held back my tears as I saw them kiss.

I'm happy for andi, I really am, it's just... seeing them together breaks my heart and now that I'm alone I can let it out.

I wiped my tears and I kept swimming to find a seashell. I liked it and I picked it up. I'm going to keep it. Then I got out of the water and I joined the couple.

"Andi is right the water is great,"I said to the couple and I put the seashell in my bag. But then jonah's momncame up to me.

"Are you jealous of them?"she asked and I sighed.

"No,"I lied.

"Cyrus you know you can talk to me right?"she asked.

"Ok fine I am jealous,"I said and she nodded.

"Do you like andi?"she asked I shook my head.

"You like...my son?"she asked with wide eyes and I nodded trying to cry.

"I feel so ashamed by it, I get bullied and I didn't think my friends would except me... And I also know that he'll never like me back,"I said and she hugged me.

"Oh honey, it's okay,"she said and then pulled away.

"And I know if I tell jonah I'll be a threat to their relationship,"I said and she sighed.

"You don't that,"she said.

"Yes I do,"I said.

"No you don't, you never know he could like you back,"she said and walked off leaving me confused.

After a while jonah's mom finally took us home and she dropped me off first.

I walked inside and I decided to ask buffy to come over. I called her.

Buffy: Hello?

Cyrus: Hey buff

Buffy: Hey cy

Cyrus: Can you come over?