14. Sleep

(Time Skip)
Later that day
Clarkes POV

I held my gun up at Octavia. Listening to her.

"The only person who wants Madi to ascend less than me, is you." She said.

I lowered my gun. She started heading out and I followed her. I was worried Indra would stop us, but she just stayed in her spot.

We walked through the hallway, and Octavia called some guards. They followed us too.

Soon we reached the end of the hallway, where the room was. The guards entered first. I pushed past them to see Madi. She was lying on the bed.

I turned to look at Bellamy. I looked in his eyes searching for a reason why he would do this. I didn't find my answer. So I slapped him across the face. Then I walked over to Madi.

"I have to get the flame out of her head." I said .

"Clarke wait! You can't, the flame is bonding with her mind. If you take it out now, she may never wake up." Gaia informed me.

"Quiet, Traitor! Clarke do it." Octavia ordered.

How could Octavia just want me to pull that thing out of her head. She heard what Gaia said. I mean Gaia could be lying, but it's not likely she would say something fake about the flame. If I do it, Madi might never wake up. I can't do it. I won't.

"I can't" I said.

"Take them to the rover." She commanded.

One guard picked Madi up and went outside. I followed. I don't know what happened when I left, but I assumed that they were being arrested. Indra too, for following through with the plan.

We were led outside and I pointed at the rover. The guard nodded. I opened the door for him to put Madi in. I leaned into the rover to check on her.

Suddenly, Madi's eyes fluttered open.

"Clarke" she said.

"Its okay, I'm here." I responded.

I heard a click behind me. Madi's eyes darted towards the guard.

I put my hands up, surrendering.

"No, No Please. We had a deal."

"These are my orders, Gon Bloodreina." He said ready to shoot.

"Put the gun down Joroum." I heard a calm voice behind me. Not a voice that was scared to be shot. I turned around.

"Yu laik Joroum kom Sangedakru." Madi said. Which meant 'you are Joroum from Sangedakru. "Nomfa kom Lisbeth kom Sangedakru (son of Lisbeth of Sangedakru)"

I was a bit confused why Madi knew all of this, but then I realized she had just woken up with the flame in her head, which meant all the commanders were telling her about this.

"You served in the Royal Guard for Lexa kom Trikru." She continued, "You believed in her, now believe in me."

The guard, Joroum, lowered his gun and knelt down. I took my chance and shot him in the head. Madi freaked out a bit, obviously not expecting it.

"Why did you do that?!" she yelled.

"You know why." I told her.

I went around and got into the drivers seat.

"Clarke if we run, Octavia wins. Gaia, Indra, and Bellamy will die." Madi said.

I paused for a moment thinking what to say. "They made their choice." I finally said.