15. Monty's Message

Clarke's POV
I walked through the hallway, trying to figure out where I was.

"Hello?" I asked.

I entered the room. There was a tv and a couch, a kitchen, dinning room, play area, there was everything. It was like the room I slept in at Becca's Lab.

"Hey there princess." I heard someone say. I felt hands wrapped around my waist.

I turned around to see Bellamy.

"Hey"  I replied.

Lexa came running into the room. Madi walking behind her.

"Mommy!" Lexa cried.

Bellamy let go of me, and I bent down to hug Lexa.

"How was your first day of school?" The words blurted out of my mouth. I didn't know why I was saying these words.

"It was good mommy."

"How are you Madi?" I stood up.

"I'm good Clarke. So me and Lola are going to hangout on Saturday. Is that okay or do you have something planned?" She asked.

'Who is Lola?' I thought.

"Sure." I said, again I didn't know why words were coming out of my mouth.

"Okay, Lex you want to come with me, I'm going upstairs." Madi turned to Lexa.

Lexa ran up the stairs with Madi. I turned around to face Bellamy.

"Where am I? Who's Lola? Why don't I have control with what I say?" I finally asked.

"What do you mean honey? Lola's Madi's best friend. She known her for years." Bellamy answered.

"Wait who are you to me?" I asked Bellamy.

"What do you mean? I've been your husband for 7 years. You sure your not sick Clarke?"

I froze trying to process it. Then all my memories came back to me. I was dreaming and in cryosleep.

"What about the radiation?" I questioned him.

"What radiation? You mean when we were down with the hundred? There's no radiation." Bellamy said.

That must mean that there was no second radiation wave. Maybe I should just be with him and Lexa.

'At least we'll be happy. Lexa can finally have a father. Madi could have a good life.' I thought.

Time Skip
(Clarke and Bellamy have a good life)

Clarke (so not her POV)
Clarke opened her eyes. The cover of the pod opened. She got up and looked around. Madi and Lexa were still asleep. Suddenly another bed opened up. It was Bellamy's.

"Hey." Clarke smiled.

"Hey" Bellamy replied.

"Why is it just us?" Bellamy looked at the other closed pods.

"That's the way mom and dad wanted." A voice from behind them said. "Can I just wow! You don't know how good it is to finally meet you." The man continued.

He rambled on for a while. Clarke didn't quite catch what he was saying. Then he slowed down.

"I'm Jordan. Monty and Harpers son." He said.

"They didn't go to sleep." Bellamy realized.

"They talked about your time on the ring a lot, too much actually. How happy they were. I guess they wanted to get back for that. Get dressed and come to the bridge. dad left explicit instructions, wake Clarke and Bellamy first. Play them the message." He said quickly.

Jordan started walking away.

"Wait! How long were we asleep?" Clarke asked.

"A.... hundred and twenty five years." He replied.

Then he turned around and walked away.

Bellamy's POV
Clarke and I got ready and headed to the bridge. Jordan was waiting.

He played us Monty's message. Harper and Monty had died. She had died from her dads genetic condition and Monty could go to sleep without Harper.

I turned away. Just listening to his words. I couldn't look at him like this. One of my best friends. Hair all white, sad, and alone.

"...but if we did that, I wouldn't be able to show you this." Monty's voice rang through the room.

Jordan pressed a button and the window opened. A beautiful planet. A bit like earth, but so different. Monty had died for this.

"It took me thirty years, but I finally cracked the Eligius 3 mission file." Monty continued, "after sucking the land dry of oil, they went looking for another planet."

The ship moved slowly around the planet. From behind a faint glow appeared.

"Two suns." Clarke whispered.

"I set the coordinates a week ago. If I'm right you should get there in......75 years."

I missed what Monty had said next, admiring the new planet, but I did hear what he said after that.

"Can you see it? Is it beautiful?"

Oh it's magical. So beautiful. If only you were here Monty. Jasper would be proud. We are all so proud. You're a hero.

"It is in my dreams. I hope we do better there. I hope that Jasper was wrong, and we aren't the problem. I hope you are as happy there as my life has been. Be the good guys."

Tears had started falling. I glanced at Clarke to see she had started crying as well.

"May we meet again." Monty said his final words.

"May we meet again." Clarke and I whispered.

She moved closer to me and lay her head on my shoulder.

There was silence in the room. No one dared to make a sound.

A/N
Yes I made the actor who plays Madi (Lola Flanery), Madi's bestfrined. I couldn't think of a name