Prologue

Time seemed to slow down to the point of freezing as Kimi ran and ran, his lungs getting no oxygen. Everything became a hazy blur as his wimpy feet dragged his exhausted body through the narrow and ominous hallway; the heels of his boots thumped dangerously against the wooden floor and resonated against the walls with a loud thud.

Where the fuck is it?! Kimi questioned himself internally as he hacked, trying to steady his breathing. Where is the fucking exit?!

His footsteps merged with harsh, pounding footsteps as a loud, baritone and haunting voice resonated in a bitter tone. “You know you can’t escape! You’re going to watch yourself bleed to death.”

Frightened grey eyes raked every corner thoroughly, trying to at least find an exit—even the slightest. With a sharp step, Kimi turned sideways, running through a corner. Vision disheveled, breathing erratic, he came to an abrupt stop as he spotted a shadowy figure standing with a wicked posture.

Just a few steps away stood a tall figure—skin pale, eyes feral—which watched Kimi—a fangy smirk plastered onto his face.

“I told you,” came the voice of the figure in a gruff snicker, “you can’t escape. You’ll bathe in your blood.”

Kimi gasped—his pupils flaring—as the figure leaped, lunging towards him with swift force. Eyes moving—raking sporadically—he suddenly spotted a set of double doors. Without a second thought, and within a split second, he pulled himself towards the doors, getting a sharp grip around his ankle; he already had a tight grip on the handles of the doors.

“You are dead,” snarled the creature as Kimi tugged at the doors like a locked up dog seeking for freedom.

With sheer luck, Kimi tripped, the grip on his ankle loosening, leaving him with a deep scratch. He pulled the doors open, throwing himself towards it, not caring as a bright light was emitted through it.

“Make sure he doesn’t escape!” hissed a pitched voice as he was slowly drowned in the light.

*

The sky was painted ebony, splashed with the faintest hint of shimmering stars. For once, the wind blew at a steady pace, carrying only dust in its wake as Kimi woke up with a sharp gasp.

He threw his eyes open, his body aching painfully as he sat up, his back arching sharply in pain.

Where the fuck am I? Kimi pondered internally as he searched his environment.

Studying everywhere, he realized that he was on a grassy plane, somewhere far away from his former destination. Accompanied by a grunt of sizzling pain, Kimi stood up, grass blades falling off his clothes in thin fragments. A painful hiss left his parted lips in a gasp as he winced, trying to balance his weight on one leg.

In order to make sure that he was at least safe, Kimi looked over his shoulder, noticing that he was a far distance away from the mansion. He sighed tiredly, turning around to leave. His form staggered as he wrapped his arms around himself, trying at least to conserve his still existing warmth.

The air suddenly became dense as Kimi felt a force hurl him through the air. His lungs suddenly became short of oxygen as he collided with the hard ground multiple times before finally pausing before a statue; its face held a stoic expression and its frozen fingers were gripped firmly around a thin spear.

“You shrimp! Next time you spy on people make sure that you have no scent.”

Kimi forced his eyes open but gasped in shock as he was picked up and thrown into the statue. A loud thump sounded, his spine cracking, his skull seeming like it was being split.

Feeling lifeless and broken, Kimi’s body dropped to the ground, rock and sand raining over him. He tried breathing in deeply but stopped—his breath seizing up in his throat—as he felt a fatal force against his rib, breaking it.

A series of blows made him breath out and cough out thick blood, his vision bloody. He felt dead; his ears rang dangerously as he was gripped tightly around his throat and was picked up from the ground.

“Goodbye human,” snarled the creature as his grip tightened around Kimi’s limp neck.

Stop!” yelled a desperate voice before Kimi’s body was dropped—his vision darkening—leaving his body sedated with pain.

Author’s Note: Sup everyone. ヽ(*≧ω≦)ノ. I finally got to publish this story after waiting a whole year. (●__●) Yep, so vote, comment and share and please, no harsh words or I’ll die. (个_个) So, get ready for a journey of mystery. Your Author. Bye bye.