IV

N/B: this chapter has slight gore.

*

Whispers clouded Kimi's thoughts as he rested his forehead on the table and tried to rest. He closed his eyes tightly as he tried flushing out the various whispers; from gossips to arguments, to discussions and even sobs, everything swirled together and danced around Kimi's thoughts as he tried desperately to rest.

Can someone please tell those fishes to pipe do-

"Hey, did you hear that Qulture is to perform in Ashville," gossiped a boy as he fiddled with a crumbled paper and this caught Kimi's attention.

His ears perked up like a rat's then he concentrated on their discussion.

"Yeah. And their lead vocalist, Aurum Caedis, is finally going to perform with them after so long." A girl squealed lightly. "Isn't it awesome?"

Kimi froze, his eyes shooting open in tremendous shock. His chest tightened with fluttering emotions and he frowned, a hand placed over his swiftly beating heart.

Aurum? How long has it been since I last saw you ? Twelve years?

The boy scoffed. "Yeah. If anything it's impossible to attend the concert because Rhodes Isles is shrouded by an ogin and we don't exactly have access to tickets." He sighed in disappointment.

Kimi sighed and placed a hand over his cheek when he felt himself blush.

I don't have a crush on him!

"If anything I'll freaking wet myself if I see him," he griped in disappointment.

All was sane, until the sound of a loud pained shriek aroused everyone's curiosity and they all perked up. The classroom became cloaked by chaos as the shrills heightened, and the sound of students rushing into the hallway encouraged them out of the classroom.

Kimi just stayed frozen in his seat but shot to his feet as he heard a much heavier wail that came from various students that had piled outside. He walked to the window and stared down at the students; he tried searching for the cause of the chaos and he found it, only to walk away from the window as he spotted the old gateman from the morning, beheaded.

His world spinned like a cyclone and he held his hand tightly against his ears and squeezed his eyes shut. His breathing fastened and his heartbeat drummed in his ear like a hoard of gongs, but the sound of screams seemed to dominate the thundering sound.

Kimi dropped to his knees as flashes of blood clouded his vision-familiar blood-and he screamed for his dear life as he remembered the smell, the scene-splashes of blood everywhere:the ceiling, his hair, his face, his clothes-everything!

"This is not real!" He shook his head violently.

I still feel fear. I still feel fear. I still feel fear! I STILL FEEL FEAR!