XXIV

“Good morning all!” Neeva chirped as she poked her head into their bedroom, a wide grin plastered on her face.

Dae-yang was the first to wake up. She sat up, rubbing her eyes, and yawned a small, “good morning.”

“Morning!” she hollered, barging into the room. She beelined to the thin, printed curtain that whispered in the light breeze and pulled it open. “WAKE UP!” she said energetically, and the students bolted into a sitting position, their faces blanched by shock.

Kimi turned to glower at her, already putting up with a severe headache that had been rewarded to him by a long, sleepless night.

Dae-yang winced at that and held her head. “That wasn’t necessary,” she grumbled and slid out of the bed. ‘I shouldn’t have slept in that blanket,’ she thought, sluggishly walking to the bathroom, her nightwear drenched in sweat.

Raja sat up and groaned, “just five more fucking minutes. Please, five.” He rubbed his drooping eyes with the heels of his hands and blinked sleepily at Neeva. “Please.”

Neeva shook her head and walked back to the door. She went out of the room and returned with a huge, woven basket.

“You all need to prepare and come downstairs. This basket”—she crouched and dropped it by the door—“is for your dirty cloths. Bring it down with you when you come down for breakfast. The cafeteria is on the ground floor.” She stood and looked to the side at Illiad. He was smoothening out Silver’s bed hair.

Love birds, Neeva thought as she turned around and walked out of the room, lightly shutting the door behind her.

Raja yawned noisily and threw his legs over the bed and stood with a groan. “I’ve never ever experienced the heat that I’d fucking experienced last night,” he grumbled, referring to the hot night. “That was fucking terrible beyond measures.”

Silver smiled lightly and let Illiad pull him off the bed with his hand. “That’s Ashville for you.” His eyes immediately got stuck on Kimi’s brooding figure that was sat against the headboard.

Raja scoffed and said, “how do these cadavers even fucking survive the heat. I mean... aren’t they like—”

“Raja,” Illiad said, glaring at the boy.

Raja huffed and noisily stretched. “Whatever,” he mumbled and tiredly moved to the bathroom. He didn’t pay attention to the sound of rushing water and threw the door open.

“RAJA!” Dae-yang shrieked, holding a shirt to her bare bust, and Raja flusteredly shut the door.

Kimi slammed his hands against his pounding ears and quietly hissed, “can’t they fucking shut up?”

Raja’s heart somersaulted in his chest as he slapped his sweaty back against the door, his eyes wide in embarrassment, his olive-coloured cheeks flushed. “I will never speak to her again,” he whispered, his wide eyes locked on the animal-themed rug.

Illiad shook his head at his blunder and said, “next time pay attention.”

Raja sighed and placed a hand on his pounding chest. “I doubt it.”

He stood off the door and walked to his bed. On his way there, his eyes caught Kimi’s which were staring angrily at him. He raised a brow at him and this made Kimi narrow his eyes.

“I think I’ve caught a rash,” Silver said, his fingers running down his back, scratching at the painful itches.

Illiad caught his wrists in his hands. “Don’t do that except if you want a bleeding body or a worse infection.”