-[27]-

-9 months in- 1 year and 8 months into their relationship for y'all that lost count.

I woke up in the middle of the night to pain shooting through my lower abdomen.

"Holy fuck." I whimpered. As the pain subsided I tried to go back to sleep. I was about to fall asleep again when the pain returned.

I shook Peter but he groaned in response. "Peter. I think the baby's coming." I said as another pain shot through my body.

"What?" He sat up and rubbed his eyes.

"I think the baby is coming."

He shot up and started grabbing things and shoving them into a bag.

I hissed again and he was at my side helping me out of bed and helping me shove on whatever shoes.

"Oh, fuck, Peter, baby. It hurts. If it hurts this bad now then how the hell am I going to be later?"

He opened the door and helped me out. "Your gonna be fine because you are one of the strongest women I know."

We hobbled down to the street and Peter called a cab over.

"The nearest hospital please." He said as he turned his attention back to me.

"Is there anything I can do?" I shook my head and just tried to stay calm.

In ten minutes we were at a hospital. Peter and I walked in and he let me sit as he gave the receptionist all of our information. She led us back to a private room and told us the doctor would be there shortly.

Peter rubbed circles on my hand as we waited for the doctor to arrive. Every time a contraction came along Peter asked what he could do and every time I gave him the same answer.

Finally the doctor came in and examined me telling me I was at 2cm.

I sighed as he left. Another contraction surged through my body and I grasped Peter's hand.

"Are you sure there's nothing I could do?"

"Pete, no there is nothing you can do."

"I'm sorry. I just don't like seeing you in pain."

I offered him a small smile as the pain disappeared.

It was times like this where I missed my family the most. Wanda and Nat would understand my pain while Tony and Steve would make sure I was as comfortable as possible.

—————

"Okay Y/N, one last push. One more and you can see your beautiful baby boy." The doctor said.

I was physically drained. I felt like I could pass out and sleep forever. I ignored the doctors request and Peter put his hand to my cheek and turned my face so I was looking at him.

"Y/N I know it hurts, I know you're exhausted but think about it. One more and you can have a lifetime of happiness with Ben and I."

I took a deep breath and screamed as I pushed one last time.

I heard a cry and felt people walking around me. I tried to keep my eyes open but I couldn't and I felt darkness consume me.

—————

The bright lights pulled me from my slumber as I opened my eyes.

"Hey Ben, your mama is up." I turned my head slowly and was immediately filled with energy as I saw the bundle in Peter's arms.

I reached my arms out as Peter handed him to me. "How are you feeling beautiful?"

I looked down at Ben. He opened his eyes ever so slightly allowing me to see the chocolate brown. I laughed, "I'm feeling great."

The doctor came in a few more times just to check on Ben and I. I fed him and Peter changed him a few times.

"How did we make such a beautiful human." I said lookin down at a sleeping Ben.

"I have absolutely no clue." Peter was lying next to me and rubbing a finger over Ben's bare head.

Peter took him and placed him in his cot. "You should get some sleep baby girl."

"Only if you sleep with me."

"I've been looking forward to it." We both laughed as he snuggled into my side.

"I love our little family."

"Me too."