9

Your POV

"You're family is really nice," I commented as Camila led me back to the couch.

After dinner and watching the game her family left.

I didn't even realize she lived alone until she explained that the rest of her family lived in Miami, but she had bought them a small house in LA for when they visit.

"They liked you a lot," she said to me as she sat next to me. "I think my dad likes you more than he likes me."

"That's not true," I laughed.

"Yes, it is," she responded as she turned her body to face me.

"I don't mean to bring it up again, but are you sure you're okay? You zoned out a few times tonight," she rambled, obviously concerned about how I was holding up.

"Honestly, I'm just trying to keep my mind off of it," I told her. "It hasn't affected me as much as I thought it would. I think it's because of how much I cried after the first time."

"The first time?" She asked, making me realize what I had just spilled.

"Uh... yea. The first time she cheated..." I mumbled.

"She cheated on you twice?" Camila asked, her temper flaring a bit.

I just nodded slightly, not really knowing where this was going.

"How stupid does she have to be to cheat on you again after you gave her a second chance?"

I was about to say something when Camila spoke again.

"No, let me reword that. How stupid does she have to be to cheat on you at all?"

"We've been going through some things for a while now," I explained.

"That's not an excuse to cheat. There's no excuse to cheat," Camila spoke.

I felt my eyes begin to water, but I blinked away the tears quickly.

"Hey, look at me," she said. "I know I've only known you for like two days now, but I can honestly say you're probably the nicest person I've ever met."

I giggled a bit, trying to control my emotions.

"What made you give her another chance?"

"She loves me," I spoke quietly, not quite believing my own words.

"You know what I'm gonna say right?" She asked, to which I nodded. "If she cheated then she doesn't love you."

"I know," I said as I teared up again. "I'm not sure I'm in love with her either. That's why the relationship got so hard."

"Lauren didn't realize what she was letting go. You're beautiful, smart, funny, and kind. You need to believe me when I say you deserve better."

"Thank you," I told her, making her smile before she pulled me in for a hug.

"I really hope we get to know each other better. You're a great person and I'd be lucky to see what's going on in that mind of yours," she spoke, making me laugh.

"Good luck with that, because half the time I'm not even sure what's going on in here," I said, tapping my head.

"I'm up for the challenge," she smiled.

I looked down at my phone when it vibrated with a text from Dinah saying she was on her way.

"I should really get home," I said, realizing it was almost eleven o'clock. "Sorry for overstaying."

"Trust me, you didn't overstay. I enjoy talking to you," Camila said as we stood up. "Do you need a ride?"

"Dinah's going to pick me up actually. She just texted me to let me know she's leaving the studio."

"Cool. I'll show you out then," Camila said, taking my hand and guiding me out the house just as Dinah pulled up in her driveway.

She opened the door for me, closing it behind me as Dinah rolled down my window to talk to her.

"How was meeting the family?" Dinah asked us both with a smirk.

"They liked her more than they like me," Camila told her.

"She's like-able I guess," Dinah teased.

"Very like-able," Camila smirked.

"I'll see you another time, sweet," Camila said, leaning in the window to kiss my cheek. "Text me."

She waved to Dinah as she backed away from the car and walked into her house.

As soon as the front door shut Dinah burst into laughter.

"You blushed so hard!" Dinah said.

"Shut up!" I told her, leaning back into my seat.

"She's probably not even into me," Dinah mocked as she backed out of the driveway.

"Oh my God," I groaned.

"She's totally into you."

"I know," I mumbled.

I'm kind of into her too.