27

Your POV

"And we have landed," Camila commented as she exited the plane, extending her hand to take mine when I joined her on the ground.

"And you are a dork," I told her, watching her give me a goofy smile as she intertwined our fingers and began leading me to our awaiting car.

"And you love it," she told me as our luggage was loaded into the back of the car while we got settled in our seats.

"Debatable," I told her, seeing her eyebrows raise.

"It really isn't, but okay."

I playfully rolled my eyes at her comment, ignoring the smirk on her face.

"Are you excited?" She asked when the car started to move.

"I can't really tell if it's excitement or nervousness I'm feeling if I'm being honest," I told her, watching her send me a smile as she moved to wrap an arm around me.

"Don't be nervous," she said, kissing my temple. "This isn't even the first time you've met them."

"But I wasn't meeting them as your girlfriend last time-"

"That doesn't matter," she interrupted, putting a single finger over my lips.

"Camila-"

"Nah uh!" She stopped my sentence again.

"I just-"

"Oh, look! We're here!" She exclaimed as we pulled up outside of the hotel.

I looked out the window, and just like that, I felt like my heart was in my stomach again.

I rubbed my hands on my shirt, feeling them begin to sweat as I got more nervous than I already was.

"C'mon, bebé," Camila called to get my attention.

I looked over at her to see her with her hand out. I carefully took it, letting her lead me over to where hotel staff had loaded all of our luggage onto a cart.

Soon after checking in we found ourselves walking into our hotel room and unloading all of our luggage.

"My family is staying right down the hall. Room 137," she told me. "Are you ready?"

"No," I deadpanned, hearing her giggle slightly before she walked over and placed her hands on my waist.

"Why are you so nervous?" She asked as she studied my face.

"I don't know. I just- I don't think it's ever gone well all the other times I've met my significant other's parents," I admitted, watching her eyes soften.

"Did you ever meet Lauren's parents?" She asked carefully.

"Yea, but not as her girlfriend," I told her, elaborating when she furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. "We were hidden from the public and she didn't want to introduce me to her parents as the girlfriend she was hiding from the world. She thought they wouldn't approve."

"She knew you deserved better," Camila commented.

"What?"

"She knew you deserved better than what she was giving you. She didn't want to introduce you to her parents as her girlfriend because you deserve the world and she wasn't giving that to you. She didn't want her parents to see that," Camila said.

"I never thought of it that way," I admitted as Camila squeezed my waist and sent me a small smile.

"I'm trying to give you that," she spoke up. "I'm want to give you the world. You just have to trust me."

"I do trust you," I told her without hesitation.

"I know," she smiled. "So trust me when I say that my family already loves you."

"Okay," I said, making her eyes light up and her smile widen.

"So, you're ready?" She asked.

"Yea," I told her. "I'm ready."

Camila leaned in and pressed a gentle kiss to my lips. The kiss felt liberating, as if she took all of the worries off my mind through that little peck.

"Let's go," she smiled, holding my hand as we walked down the hallway and found her family's room.

She double checked the room number before knocking on the door. I could hear light footsteps approaching before the door swung open, revealing a petite blond woman standing on the other side.

"Mija!" The woman exclaimed in her thick accent before pulling Camila into a hug. Camila came back to my side when they pulled apart, allowing the woman and I to face each other.

"Mama, this is my girlfriend Y/n. Y/n, this is my mom," Camila said with a smile.

"It's great to see you again, Y/n," the woman said with a smile before she hugged me. "Karla, I'm sure she doesn't want to stand out in the hallway. Come inside."

I giggled at her mothers use of Camila's first name as we walked further into the room.

"Kaki!" I heard a voice exclaim before Camila was tackled with a hug.

"Hey, buttmunch," Camila greeted her sister.

"I told you to stop calling me that," her sister said before her eyes landed on me. "Aren't you going to introduce me to your girlfriend?"

"I will if you give me the chance," Camila said with a laugh. "Sofi this is my girlfriend, Y/n. You two have already met, but she still thinks she's older than she is."

"Shut up," Sofi told the older Cabello before turning back to me. "If you ever need any dirt on her. I'm your guy."

"Okay! That's enough," Camila said, stepping in between us as I laughed.

"Noted," I told Sofi with a wink.

Camila turned and sent me a playful glare before addressing her mom again.

"Where's papa?" She asked.

"He went to the front desk to get a new room key because our second one wasn't working," her mom explained.

"He should be back any-"

She was interrupted by the door of the hotel room swinging open.

"I guess he's back," Sinu said with a laugh as Camila's father walked into the room.

"Camilita!" He exclaimed, pulling his daughter into a big hug.

"We missed you," he told her as they pulled away.

"I missed you guys too," Camila told him before she took a step back and held my hand.

"Dad, this is my girlfriend Y/n," she introduced me with a smile.

"Haven't we met you before?" He asked as he greeted me by pulling me into a brief hug.

"Yea, she came over once, but we weren't dating at the time," Camila said to him.

"Well, it's great to see you again. You have no idea how much Camila talks about you."

"Okay, that's enough," Camila interrupted with blush beginning to spread across her cheeks.

"Are you two hungry? We were planning on asking if you guys would like to join us for dinner," Sinu spoke up when everyone's laughter died down.

"Is that okay with you?" Camila asked me, studying my face to see if she could find any hesitation.

"That sounds great," I said, sending Camila a smile to let her know I was okay.

Things were looking up.