She's Back

Tris POV

His blue eyes fill to the brim with tears but don't dare spill. I slowly walk into what was once his bedroom, but he seems to move away from me. Maybe he's still shocked. "Tris?" he asks again. This time i respond. "Tobias?" i say wiggling my eyebrows trying to get him back to me. Tobias stands and crosses the room so he's standing in front of me, but not to close. Hesitantly, he raises his hand and brushes a piece of my hair behind my ears. "You- you..." he stutters. I close the gap between us and pull him into an embrace. He kisses the top of my head gently, as if he were a bull in a china shop. "I'm alive. I'm right here. I promise i'm not going anywhere" i say softly. He moved his hands to under my arms and picked me up. I wrapped my legs around his waist as he looked in my eyes. "I saw your body. You were dead." he says as he held me in his strong arms. "That wasn't me. I promise, I'm right here in your arms." i say resting my head on his chest. I feel his shoulders shaking ever so lightly and look up to see him crying. "I thought i'd lost you." he sobs into my shoulder. Putting his face in my hands i wipe away the fallen tears with my thumbs. "I know, i know." i say as we intently stare into each others eyes. "You're alive" he smiled. Sitting on the small bed, with me still in his lap, we began to kiss, intensely. "There is something you should know though." i said pulling back, with an ache in my heart. "What?" he asks as we get up leaving the memory serum behind us. "The past three years, I , uh, well." i stutter not knowing how to word what i'm trying to say. "What is it? Who hurt you? I swear to god, when i get my hands on them..." he says slipping his hand into mine as we walk down the streets of the new Chicago. "No, it's not necessarily that. It's just that, uh, where are we?" I asked getting distracted by the large building in front of me. "This is my house. Er, i mean, our house" he said sliding his other hand over his neck, like he always does when he gets nervous. I smile and forget about what i was talking about. We enter the building and remember that i had to tell him, or he'd be furious. "I was saying that, when i went to the weapons lab, David didn't kill me. He shot me, yes, but not anything to serious. I was taken back to the infirmary where i was in an induced coma for a while. Then the next thing i knew i was in Erudite headquarters being tested on. Because i defied the death serum, i guess. But what i really wanted to say was that..." I was cut off by the door unlocking. Before actually opening the door Tobias turned and smiled. "Welcome home." he said as he kissed my cheek. "No, Tobias wait." i said grabbing his wrist. I was too late. "DADDY!"