The week after...

Tobias' POV

We have lived here for a week now and I've gotten out of work for the day. I have the box in my pocket and the picnic basket in my hand. I've called my mother over to watch her granddaughter so i can take Tris out. "Where are we going?" Tris asks as she see's the picnic basket in my hand. "What don't you get about the word surprise?" i laugh leading her to the car. "You know i hate surprises." she says. "I know. That's why i'm doing it." she playfully punches my arm as we pull up to the spot i was heading for. 

The Ferris wheel hadn't been used in who knows how long. But it had been climbed three years ago by the most beautiful girl in the world. I walk over and open her door, offering her my hand as she smiles. "Your such a sap!" she says. I smile "I know." I walk over and place the blanket down right next to the bottom of the wheel. "Burger for the lovely lady?" i ask pulling out the buns and burgers from the basket. "Thank you kind gentleman." she says in her fake snotty voice. "You're quite welcome" i say in mine. After burgers we lay on the ground and talk about our future out past and i just want the night to come. After a while she falls asleep in my arms as we lean against the Ferris wheel support. I carefully pull out the box from my pocket and study the ring inside. I really hope everything will be perfect. I have no doubt she'll say yes, but a small voice in the very depths of my brain is saying she might not. When she starts to move it's almost dark and i quickly put the ring back in my pocket. "Hey" she says groggily. "Hey sleeping beauty" i say playing with her hair. "How long was i out?" she asks. "A few hours" i say. "You let me sleep for a few hours?" she asked, looking at me. "I don't mind. I fell asleep too" i lied. The truth was that i had been thinking about everything. "How about dinner?" i ask leaning towards the basket. "Let me guess, cake?" she laughs as i pull out the large container. "How did you know" i ask sarcastically. As we eat our cake i watch as the stars come out. "look" i say pointing to the sky which are now illuminating in the bursting fireworks. I see her jump as the first one exploded into bright green. I can tell she thought it was a gunshot, maybe this wasn't my best idea. I hold her and whisper in her ear "It's ok. They're supposed to do that" i say. Another goes off, then another, each one Tris jumps slightly. But when i look at her i can see the awe in her eyes. In only a few more seconds i will be on one knee asking the girl i love to marry me. As the finale booms into the air i let go of Tris and get on one knee behind her. Luckily she doesn't notice as she is too caught up by the fireworks. As the last one booms it reads "Tris, will you marry me?"