Princess

Tobias' POV

 "Take me. I died and he gave it to me too. Take me instead." Tris says. Then they take her away. "No. No you can't take her away from me." i scream running through the door. She looks over her shoulder and before exiting the house said "Take care of them. I love you" Then they put her in a small black car. "No. Tris. NO" i shout running after the car. After about a block they become much faster and i lose sight of the black car in the starless night. I just lost her again. I sink to my knees, crying and screaming into my hands. I don't know how long i stay there but eventually i see two figures running at me. "Four! Dude get OUT of the middle of the street" It was Zeke and Uriah. "She's gone" It's the two words i repeat until we get to our house. They sit me on the couch and check on Natalie. She's gone. I've lost  her again. "Daddy?" her voice cuts through my thoughts. "Come here princess" i say with open arms. I just got one of my beauties back and lost another. I hold her tight and she clings to me, both out of a mutual fear. "Where did they take mommy?" she cries into my chest. "I don't know." i don't. I wish I did but i don't. "I'm going to go find mommy don't you worry." i say laying her on the couch. "No, you are going to be here for her. She needs you. You can't just keep pushing her on us to get rid of your problems. She died for fuck sake, she needs answers, she needs you" Zeke yelled. "We'll look for Tris. I promise she'll be fine. Just like i told her, she's a fighter, she can hold her own." Uriah says pushing an angry Zeke out the door. "Daddy?" 

"Princess be honest. How are you feeling?" i ask. I'm lying in my bed with the twins lying next to us and Natalie on my chest. "Scared." she quivers. "About what?" i ask. "Everything. I died, mommy's gone, you went crazy, uncle Zeke was angry, and Uncle Uri wasn't being funny." she cried. I went crazy? I beat up that guard right in front of her. I can vaguely remember her screaming. "I'm sorry you had to see that." i say rubbing her back with one hand and stopping Kayla from rolling off the bed with the other. "I saw grandma" she blurted. I looked at her. She has my blue eyes. "What?" i ask. When did she see Evelyn i was with her the whole time. "The one i was named after. I also saw grandpa, and a nice boy named Al." she said it so casually it took me aback. "You saw your grandma? When?" "When i died. They told me that they loved me and it was time to follow them" she looked at me for an answer but i didn't have one. "D-Did they say anything else?" i ask. She shakes her head no. "Yes, your grandma and grandpa died to protect mommy. And they would have loved you so so much. As for Al, i didn't know him well. But he seemed like a nice boy." i lie. I doubt Tris would have showed her the kidnapping, Tris herself was still afraid of it. "Mommy showed me what Al did. He hurt mommy, but he didn't mean to" i nod and hold her close. "I know. As for Uncle Zeke getting mad, he does that sometimes and Uncle Uri can't always be funny, even with that face." she laughs but not her usual laugh. This laugh is forced. "Princess i promise everything will be ok. You hear me. I promise." i say looking at her. She has tears in her eyes and clings to my tshirt. "I don't want mommy to be hurt again. I'll miss her too much. Can't you save her? You always save her." she cried. I let out a sigh and sit up, holding her to me. "I will save her. We will be a big happy family. Us, Aunt Christina and Uncle Will, Uncle Zeke, and even Uncle Uri. Even if he has a funny face" i say tickling her. She squeals and giggles and for a few minutes were happy again. Then i realize Tris isn't there holding the baby watching us. I pick up the picture of all of us the day the twins were born. I had it sitting on the bedside table for good memories. "Who is that?" i ask in my baby voice. Kayla perks up and puts her little hand on the picture and smiled. "Da da" she said. i laughed. "Yes, but who's that?" i ask again, pointing to Tris. She perks up again and gurgles "Mama" I smile and pick her up "That's right my smart little squirt." i tickled her and laughed with her and wished i could have done this with Natalie. "Daddy, I love you" Natalie says out of no where. She clings to my side with her body in my lap and her head just under my shoulder. "I love you too princess"